Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you live in Aliana?
Yes 11 27.50%
No 29 72.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 03:27 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,557,794 times

Advertisements

.....nevermind

Last edited by RCH99; 08-30-2009 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: if i don't have something nice to say,.....i shouldn't say something at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 08:12 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Wow, so I take it that Houston get together is never gonna happen?

Old 08-30-2009, 09:01 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,720 times
I voted "no" - checked out Aliana in July and I just thought it was too far out now from a lot of conveniences that I personally (& currently) like to get to within 5 minutes.

The clubhouse architecture is right up my alley though!

Old 08-30-2009, 10:06 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times
I voted Yes, but hey I've "actually" been to the development and toured the area

Old 08-31-2009, 08:46 AM

2,628 posts, read 8,833,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliana926 View Post
I timed myself from the moment I leave my driveway to the moment I'm in the parking garage at work. Isn't that what commute time is? Why start when you're on the freeway? You don't time yourself when you're half way done with the race...not logical.
this is obviously not peak times though. No way. I have worked in the Galleria area and the paths out to get to a freeway (or past one), whether south to get onto the Westpark or east to get past 610 or north to reach I-10 can take at least 15 minutes in peak time. I tried all of them looking for the best way out. If anyone else chooses to accept an estimate of 20 minutes to about the Grand Parkway area, great for them. Knowing first hand what it takes just to get out of the Galleria area itself at peak hours, I just don't believe it.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:03 PM

467 posts, read 1,186,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modster View Post
this is obviously not peak times though. No way. I have worked in the Galleria area and the paths out to get to a freeway (or past one), whether south to get onto the Westpark or east to get past 610 or north to reach I-10 can take at least 15 minutes in peak time. I tried all of them looking for the best way out. If anyone else chooses to accept an estimate of 20 minutes to about the Grand Parkway area, great for them. Knowing first hand what it takes just to get out of the Galleria area itself at peak hours, I just don't believe it.
Aliana is not by Grand Parkway...but whatever.

This is around 6:30am. But I don't choose to go this way. I'm trying to save money and go to hwy 6 to 59, which takes me about 35 minutes. In the afternoon, leave work at 4pm, pick up my kids from school, and still be home within an hour.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:43 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,289,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliana926 View Post
Aliana is not by Grand Parkway...but whatever.

The neighborhood is bordered by the Grand Pkwy....right there on the maps in the second post.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:23 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,490,175 times
All this acrimony over commute time...

No one on earth is driving from the Grand Parkway to the Galleria in 20 minutes. Not in 35 minutes either. Take a look at a map fer chrissakes. The Grand Parkway is the halfway point between downtown Houston and Columbus. And, Columbus is the halfway point between Houston and Austin! That commute is insane, and no amount of exaggeration is going to minimize it in real life. It may make someone feel better about the asinine amount of time they spend commuting, but it doesn't change it. That drive with no traffic and and no cops present to slow your pace would still take a good 45 minutes to an hour.

Unless you have an invisible flying rocket car and don't have to obey the rules of the road like the rest of us do.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:40 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,451,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
All this acrimony over commute time...

No one on earth is driving from the Grand Parkway to the Galleria in 20 minutes. Not in 35 minutes either. Take a look at a map fer chrissakes. The Grand Parkway is the halfway point between downtown Houston and Columbus. And, Columbus is the halfway point between Houston and Austin! That commute is insane, and no amount of exaggeration is going to minimize it in real life. It may make someone feel better about the asinine amount of time they spend commuting, but it doesn't change it. That drive with no traffic and and no cops present to slow your pace would still take a good 45 minutes to an hour.

Unless you have an invisible flying rocket car and don't have to obey the rules of the road like the rest of us do.
Uhhh.....one can EASILY get from 99 to the Galleria on Westpark Tollway in 30 minutes or less (driving anywhere from 65mph to 80mph).
When I worked in the Galleria, I used to get to 99 in 30 minutes or less everyday.
So unless you're in a horse and carriage or Driving Miss Daisy, its very doable.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:17 PM

467 posts, read 1,186,053 times
I don't need to look at maps...I'm driving it daily and know exactly where my streets are since this is WHERE I LIVE...and most likely you DON'T. Several other people on this forum other than myself have stated familar times. No point in lying or exaggerating, what good will that do? We're all here to inform each other, to try to help, why lie?

And yes, I obey the traffic laws...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston