Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 09:07 PM

129 posts, read 460,574 times

Advertisements

Ok so I was able to see Ohio state, Michigan, Illinois, and both oklahoma and oklahoma state today. Yet not one team from texas. No UT, no A&M, no Texas tech. Heck rice and UH were not even on. What's up? I thought this was a big football state
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 04:57 AM

2,282 posts, read 4,056,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Float View Post
Ok so I was able to see Ohio state, Michigan, Illinois, and both oklahoma and oklahoma state today. Yet not one team from texas. No UT, no A&M, no Texas tech. Heck rice and UH were not even on. What's up? I thought this was a big football state
What's up?? North Dakota, New Mexico, NW Louisiana and Louisiana-Monroe - that's what!

Should get better soon! (Some of these wind up being pay per view since they are not good enough matchups to make the national networks.)

Old 09-06-2009, 05:59 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,135,442 times
I believe UT's first game is this week, on pay per view.

Check out these schedules, it will keep you in the loop!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/schedul...m=4&stable=I-A

Last edited by lhafer; 09-06-2009 at 06:09 AM..

Old 09-06-2009, 11:37 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,910,074 times
Since they weren't 'big' games I think they were available on pay per view. In Midtown I know Wet Spot had the UT game.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:17 PM

734 posts, read 1,080,008 times
Quote:
UT games are on TV a few times out of the year... it just wasnt this past weekend.

College Football in Texas evolves around UT. Heck, students and alums from other schools root for UT(aside from maybe the Aggies), its a fact of life

UH will face Texas tech in a couple weeks which is on national TV. That game has HUGE implications for UH as a university. since the University is desperately trying to find a way into Tier 1 status... a win against Texas Tech on ESPN would help a lot! On the flip side an embarrassing loss would be detrimental and would be a major set-back.

UH has a good chance of being a 1 loss team(OKSTATE next week is going to be an A$$ whooping for UH). They could easily win the C-USA title. I really hope to see it happen this year.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:02 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,165 times
Quote:
It is.

You didn't catch UTEP-Buffalo (from the Sun Bowl!) on CBSCS?

You missed a good one.

Now I can't can on CBSCS not being a "real" network, since I actually get that channel.

I can do without the constant volleyball, lacrosse, soccer, et al rolling across the bottom of my TV screen, though.

I will admit, I stayed in when I could have gone to see UH-NWst.

I saw Southern for last year's opener, at least they have a big band to watch at halftime.

Otherwise, we have this invention called radio. ALL those teams you named were on a station at some point yesterday.

Tech-950 AM
ATM-950 AM/560 AM
UT-610 AM
UH-790 AM
Rice-91.7 FM
LSU-870 AM when the signal from NOLA cooperates. Their antenna faces north at night.

Oh, then you can hear Baylor and TCU online at the school radio station website.

Then I believe UNT, Sam Houston, SFA, and Oklahoma have H-town coverage as well. The Houston Comical has those listed come Saturdays. If that fishwrap still exists.

See, we are big on pigskin.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:05 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEstudent View Post

UH has a good chance of being a 1 loss team(OKSTATE next week is going to be an A$$ whooping for UH). They could easily win the C-USA title. I really hope to see it happen this year.
I give them a chance. That game in Stoolwater last year was close at halftime.

Then the boys started playing like Art Briles was still coach and fumblitis was acceptable on gameday. Yes, I still remember the great showing at Miami in '06 (14-13 loss for a 28 point 'dog) that was followed up with a 31-28 upchuck at home to ULaLa the next Saturday.

Should be a fun shootout either way.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:02 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,935,442 times
Thank God Almighty for the Big 10 Network. That's all I've got to say.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:20 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,443,742 times
Big 10 is terrible. It's nice they have a network, but the conference has gone to crap.

Big 12 and SEC all the way.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:44 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,910,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Football View Post
Big 10 is terrible. It's nice they have a network, but the conference has gone to crap.

Big 12 and SEC all the way.
Hate to say it but the Big 10 teams looked pretty rough in their openers. Doesn't bode well for future recruiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: