Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:11 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,365 times

Advertisements

Houston is a place that's not for everybody. It's a place that can't be summed up into anything. It has the good, the bad, AND the UGLY. By that i mean there are very nasty ugly parts to Houston but other parts are gorgeous and built up nice. You can't tell me the TMC, Herman Park, parts of Midtown, Uptown, Rice, River Oaks, or Uptown are not nice areas. It's amazing that some people would rather complain about everything they don't like about a city rather than try to find something they probably might if taken time to explore.

I like Houston. Do i see myself living here forever? Probably not, but for right now, i like it here. Just give Houston a few more years and watch it continue building in downtown, med center, uptown, and light rail expansion. This city is truly an undiscovered gem. I think people are starting to find out northeast cities might be past their prime. They're too expensive and jobs are not as plentiful. That's why alot of folks are moving down south.

Last edited by stoneclaw; 09-10-2009 at 10:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 10:20 PM

12 posts, read 10,967 times
Work brought me here and I'm waiting for my next assignment change. I just do not like it here. I laugh whenever people say Houston is so diverse and has so many restaurants to choose from. As if no other major city can make the same claim.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:25 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texified View Post
As if no other major city can make the same claim.
I've never heard anyone say that in the sense of being exclusive to Houston.

Good luck and happy trails.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:25 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,365 times
Quote:
Work brought me here and I'm waiting for my next assignment change. I just do not like it here. I laugh whenever people say Houston is so diverse and has so many restaurants to choose from. As if no other major city can make the same claim.
no other major city can make the claim to have over 90 different languages, high number of foreign consulates, and diversity of restaurants. My man you definitely need to get out of your shell and go explore this city a little.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2h (comingtohouston) View Post
no other major city can make the claim to have over 90 different languages, high number of foreign consulates, and diversity of restaurants.
nyc?

Old 09-10-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
no other major city can make the claim to have over 90 different languages, high number of foreign consulates, and diversity of restaurants. My man you definitely need to get out of your shell and go explore this city a little.
Uhh..........Los Angeles, San Francisco, DC, Chicago, Toronto. I get out plenty, some of you just think way too highly of this place. Tell me, what language is spoken here that isn't spoken in any other major city in this country?

Old 09-10-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Uhh..........Los Angeles, San Francisco, DC, Chicago, Toronto.
That's still a pretty select list of cities.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I've never heard anyone say that in the sense of being exclusive to Houston.
Well, whenever someone asks about Houston, so many of you here love to throw out how diverse it is. Like I said, can't any major city make the same claim? Are there no Vietnamese, Chinese, Mexicans, Africans anywhere else but here? How often do you hear NYers or Angelenos boast about it being diverse, when it's already obvious they are? Houstonians just love to shout from the top of their lungs...."We are SOOOOO diverse!!" Big deal.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Like I said, can't any major city make the same claim?
Depends on what you call "major."

Take Austin for example. There are people who think of it as a major city - I don't, for the record - and it surely isn't diverse.

Anyway, I'm not here to try to change your mind. I'm not a PR firm. Wish you well when you find your way out of here.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
That's still a pretty select list of cities.
I can add more if you like.....Chicago, Boston, Dallas, Sacramento, Long Beach, San Diego, San Jose, Miami, Atlanta.....

I guarantee that all of the cities I've mentioned can say that it's populace speaks the same 90 languages found here. I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just trying to make a point is all. Truce
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston