Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 08:22 AM

27 posts, read 137,195 times

Advertisements

I noticed the Beltway 8 is been worked on at a fast pace. Does anyone else know what new commercial development is been considered. I noticed a new sherwin williams paint store, across is the Park lakes landing a new bank of America is been finished. All from beltway 8 trough fall creek, canyon gate at park lakes, into the entrance of summerwood. Does anyone know any future plans of commercial or residential construction? thank you for your time and attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 08:45 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,136,060 times
There's an HEB supposedly going in closer to the train tracks over by Summerwood - not sure of the exact loctaion, or when this will happen. I know a YMCA is also going in over near Summerwood, again not sure where.

I've seen some new storage unit facilites going up just past Fall Creek. I am sure this area will grow quickly once the beltway is finished.

The beltway from 59 to Alt 90 (actually a little past - right where it ends being freeway over by Wallisville road area) is going up fast because it's being paid for by a private company, not the city. I believe it's due to be completed in about a year and half.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:36 PM

3,702 posts, read 18,208,805 times
Some of the area will NOT be developed. It is on the south side of beltway 8 just east of the creeek. This land belongs to the county and is a designated wetland. May be a park in the future, but no commercial development.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:09 PM

1,042 posts, read 3,263,241 times
I thought I heard a few years ago that Target was going to be building down by Summerwood once the Beltway was up and running. That of course was several years ago and now there is a new one in Humble so who knows. I also heard of a Kroger maybe.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 PM

Thanks any more updates?

Old 03-03-2010, 07:36 PM

2 posts, read 13,849 times
any chance that someone out there knows the developer's name, nd can do some research on what is being built, when it will be completed, etc.

Looks like groundbreaking crews are in full swing now working to get everything to grade. Metal structural roofing trusses devlivered not too long ago.

I hope the development is something upscale and well maintained and not just more strip centers...

Old 03-04-2010, 06:48 AM

135 posts, read 566,461 times
HEB construction is under way as well. Just past the entrance in to Summerwood.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:44 PM

93 posts, read 312,248 times
HEB will open August 2010 on West Lake Houston Parkway just inside the Summerwood entrance off of Beltway 8. The YMCA has been put off for 3 years. It will be next to the new Wood Creek Middle School which opens fall 2010 in Summerwood. I have heard of plans for a Chase Bamk and Sonic next to the HEB. There will be more but I am not sure when/what.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:41 AM

2 posts, read 13,849 times
Heard from a fellow doing unrelated pipeline construction (for the Ballard energy well tie-in) that they were rushing to get it done, to beat the anticipated construction of a Target, which is supposedly to be located near the new HEB "Plus". He also mentioned that a rerouting of the existing road through there would take place (currently closed for the construction).....

not a reliable source, but from my expereince Ballard is spending a bucnh more money than need to avoid anticipated delays, so judging by the time tested "put your dollars where your mouth is" virture I'd say there might be something to it.

Very interested in a Chase and a Sonic, that would be great!

Any ideas on construction completion for the BW8 buid-out?

Old 04-22-2010, 10:37 PM

I see the construction on Beltway 8, they are doing a great job and moving fast, Noticed a Baytown seafood on beltway 8 heading to 59 north and mesa rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston