Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2009, 01:03 PM

6 posts, read 17,026 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am new to this. I am relocating from Rice Military (near memorial park) to Katy, mainly because of the schools.
We are thinking of building a custom home, because of a few options that we would really like to have but are not standard, like a "casita", separate from the main house for my parents to visit, etc

I don't necessarily want a huge home, I was thinking around 3000 sqft, but with some of the features of the more expensive custom homes.

In katy, it is nearly impossible, or very pricey to get a lot to build on your own, but we took a look at woodcreek reserve and liked it, because of its schools, and because its closeness to I-10 (husband works downtown)

Unfortunately, in the lots available in woodcreek you cannot just bring any builder, the ones available are rockwell, vanguard, stone creek and GTF, any word on any of these builders???

I wanted to build with David Weekley, I know they can be pricey but they have a very good reputation, and in this day and age, that is very important since so many others have gone belly up (including the builder of my current home)

Any advice would be greatly appreaciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 01:55 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,735,217 times
My advice would be ask people in the neighborhood who they used and what their experience was.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:18 PM

967 posts, read 2,610,311 times
Not sure if it would be "the right house for you" but in the Model Home "park" in Cinco Ranch (on Spring Green) there is a David Weekley with a cassita. It's a smaller house... a 3/2 in the main house (maybe 2500sq ft) + cassita... but it would be less expensive than custom ($250-280'sK I think?)

Old 10-02-2009, 09:26 PM

38 posts, read 137,359 times
One of the custom home builders in that neighborhood already went belly up. So be extra careful on who you pick! They are now selling those homes through a realtor. The prices started out very high for the lots & homes, but as the economy went & the homes & lot purchasers slowed to a trickel, the prices went down! Most of the custom homes that were already built there were at least a million, now they have dropped to sevens & some lower! The lots are extremely small. In fact one of the families in that neighborhood had to buy an extra lot just to put a pool in because they didn't have a backyard to speak of! Woodcreek reserve estate section is one of the slowest moving developements that I have ever seen! Not too sure on who to recommend as a builder...just make sure they have deep enough pockets to help you through the build & after in case you run into problems! Investigate!!!! Good luck...it is a beautiful neighborhood if they will ever finish!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:10 AM

6 posts, read 17,026 times
Thanks for the replies and advice. It does seem a bit fishy to me, and I think I'll better follow my instincts and look for something in cinco.
The madrid floorplan is gorgeous but too small, but something like that is what we are looking for.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:10 PM

3 posts, read 6,147 times
Has anyone heard of new subdivision in Katy, Falls at Greens Meadows? Could you give me feedback. We are thinking of buying there but worried about the area and resale. Home start at $360

Old 09-22-2013, 06:25 AM

293 posts, read 756,523 times
I personally like Green Meadows. Looks like they have sold about 15 homes so far in a pretty short time. They don't even have the model homes completed yet. The best part of the subdivision is that its in the Katy city limits. You get City of Katy police force which you see all the time. Green Meadows is probably less then a 1/2 mile from Mary Jo Peckham park, Katy library and the police HQ. Their is an another large master planned community Cane Island that will back up to Green Meadows. Good Luck

Cane Island to be city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston