Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Houstonians - Will you take the swine flu vaccine?
Yes 12 20.69%
No 38 65.52%
Not Sure 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 12:30 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,834,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Your flu or H1N1?
Flu. Didn't have H1N1 yet. I'll let you know if I die from the flu shot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 12:33 PM

3 posts, read 8,949 times
In Germany we have three kinds of swineflue shots: - Two of them have additives, which could be dangerous. One are only for our politicans, army and citizen officers.
You find this is right, when those people get their shots withpout additives? Ther are more essentials, then in the other two.
I think, they make people paranoid. - I´ve taken the ordinary shot for ordinary flue. Doctors say, if you get swine flue after it, you will have good chances for a good progress.
You forgot the panic, when poultry flue was on the march....

Old 10-20-2009, 12:38 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,273,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Flu. Didn't have H1N1 yet. I'll let you know if I die from the flu shot
LOL...not likely...I'm still kickin'

Old 10-20-2009, 12:46 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,834,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredosanguini View Post
In Germany we have three kinds of swineflue shots: - Two of them have additives, which could be dangerous. One are only for our politicans, army and citizen officers.
You find this is right, when those people get their shots withpout additives? Ther are more essentials, then in the other two.
I think, they make people paranoid. - I´ve taken the ordinary shot for ordinary flue. Doctors say, if you get swine flue after it, you will have good chances for a good progress.
You forgot the panic, when poultry flue was on the march....
They are doing this right now? I thought these were just plans?

Old 10-20-2009, 09:04 PM

8,891 posts, read 19,886,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Anyone see the segment on 60 Minutes last night? 1% of the people who are infected by the H1N1 die. And it is because of underlying health issues. The other 99% recover just as tho it were the regular flu. Not very scary, unless, of course, your in the 1%. Which is where my husband would be. Jury is still out with us, until we hear what his docs have to say now. If they recommend it for him, I will get it as well, as to not bring home to him should I do contact the virus.
Of course that same 60 minutes episode showed that poor high school football player kid on the vent - who had no underlying conditions - thought he felt better and within five minutes turned gray and couldn't breathe - his story sounded almost identical to a co-worker's wife's story. I think it is one of those random things - you don't know who will be in the 1% who die group - healthy or not healthy. Bosses' kids had it - one kid ran an excessively high fever for 4-5 days - he insisted on Tamiflu when the next kid caught and that kid recovered much faster. Dr. wouldn't give the first kid tamiflu- med community was still hoarding it.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:06 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,511,147 times
Seems as though the CDC has recently decided H1N1 has been overstated in the media.

(CBS) If you've been diagnosed "probable" or "presumed" 2009 H1N1 or "swine flu" in recent months, you may be surprised to know this: odds are you didn’t have H1N1 flu.

Swine Flu Cases Overestimated? - CBS News

In other words, our government has once again created panic in our communities and forced vaccinations on us just so they can make money.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:29 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,053,880 times
I noticed people commenting on how the vaccines make them ill. Well that's pretty much the purpose of the shot. It builds up your immune system to be able to fight off influenza.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:41 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,273,148 times
Heard back from MDAnderson. They will be getting the H1N1 in....but said they had no idea when. Best guess was late Nov. Then it would be given on a case by case basis. They were not recommending for everyone. Said they would call us when it came in and then would review DH's case and CBC's and decide then.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:28 AM

8,891 posts, read 19,886,798 times
My workplace was "supposed" to get the H1n1 vaccine but because it goes to high risk first - we are not high on their list of priority. Must have the higher-ups panicked, we now have sanitizers everywhere -- every common room and now some sort of hospital-grade santizing mist in all the elevator corridors and lobbys.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:17 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,449,882 times
I have never taken the flu shot, however my grandaughter in another state came down with the swine flu last week and was in the hospital. Very high temperature 104 for five days. She had never been given the flu shot either.
I might reconsider next season. I think my daughter will be giving it to her next season

When in doubt read the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: