Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 03:04 PM

17 posts, read 32,051 times

Advertisements

I need to relocate out of state but don't have a clue how to sell in the market. I don't plan on making any money from the deal I just need to leave ASAP any suggestions.
I have a four bed 2.5 bath house on the BW8 side/north Westpark tollway house, it's a great neighborhood but I don't have a clue how to get it sold. For a FAIR price. HELP!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 03:41 PM

175 posts, read 940,057 times
Default Sell your house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
I need to relocate out of state but don't have a clue how to sell in the market. I don't plan on making any money from the deal I just need to leave ASAP any suggestions.
I have a four bed 2.5 bath house on the BW8 side/north Westpark tollway house, it's a great neighborhood but I don't have a clue how to get it sold. For a FAIR price. HELP!!!!!!
I'd suggest getting a good realtor to run some comps for you, determine a fair market value, get it listed on HAR.com where every licensed realtor has access to it so they can help get it SOLD!

Old 10-10-2009, 04:35 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,838,718 times
And stage. If you want to sell a house fast, staging is the way to go. It helped me sell a house in a neighborhood with a TON of similar inventory in a terrible real estate market.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
And stage. If you want to sell a house fast, staging is the way to go. It helped me sell a house in a neighborhood with a TON of similar inventory in a terrible real estate market.
Thanks

Old 10-10-2009, 05:01 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,959,214 times
I hired some cleaners to clean stage my house and a painter to redo a room that was painted a team color. Cost was about 350 for both but I sold my house in less than 2 weeks.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I hired some cleaners to clean stage my house and a painter to redo a room that was painted a team color. Cost was about 350 for both but I sold my house in less than 2 weeks.
Was this recently? And #####'s PLS

Old 10-10-2009, 06:51 PM

363 posts, read 1,147,440 times
1. Clean, clean, clean
2. declutter, decutter, declutter and then declutter some more
3. hire a realtor that specializes in your area...if you don't know one...drive around the area and see who has signs in yard or ask neighbors.
4. work with realtor to analyze comps and price your house accordingly...sounds like you are in a good situation if cash out of the house is not a worry.
5. work with realtor to determine what (if anything) should be spruced up or fixed prior to putting your home on the market.

Good luck....there are a lot of first time homebuyers scrambling to find a house before the tax break expires. They have to close prior to Dec. 1st to qualify for it. May be a good time to put your house on the market.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:03 PM

129 posts, read 383,148 times
As silly as this may sound- I'd catch some of the real estate shows on TLC or similar channels on selling homes. They provide some good examples of what staging really means. I hate these shows, but my wife loves them- a lot of what they preach and what Maybe So is suggesting makes a huge difference. We sold two homes more quickly than our neighbors because the house presented well. Most buyers make up their mind before considering what the home will feel like after your stuff is removed, so making the house clean and clutter free is more important than most sellers appreciate.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:42 AM

363 posts, read 1,147,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehtown View Post
As silly as this may sound- I'd catch some of the real estate shows on TLC or similar channels on selling homes. They provide some good examples of what staging really means. I hate these shows, but my wife loves them- a lot of what they preach and what Maybe So is suggesting makes a huge difference. We sold two homes more quickly than our neighbors because the house presented well. Most buyers make up their mind before considering what the home will feel like after your stuff is removed, so making the house clean and clutter free is more important than most sellers appreciate.
You are so right about presenting a house in good condition....I have heard that within the first 30 seconds of entering a home that potential buyers will determine if they are interested in your home or not. First impressions make a huge difference and if you can show that your home is clean and well maintained, it will make a difference (I would guess that is why curb appeal is so important as well). Dirty is just unacceptable and you don't want buyers to be distracted by clutter either.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:40 AM

356 posts, read 917,940 times
A stager and a good realtor..and take their suggestions as much as you can afford to.

We sold our house in a month (in clear lake in June 2008). In order to get it ready, we hired a painter to do 5 rooms in the colors suggested by the stager (over the wallpaper in 3), removed a large bush near the front door, got the front door repaired (it stuck) and revarnished and moved ~1/2 the furniture into the garage (a storage space would have been better but $$). Many of the suggestions of what to do were made by both the stager and the realtor. The stager we used was Cindy Bryant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston