Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 10:14 PM

497 posts, read 1,485,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
They would never let you. Do you think these domestic terrorists want the citizens who think they are heros would like them to find out what they really do every day? If you only knew how much they extort from us law abiding citizens each and every day you may change your mind.
If you could take off your tinfoil hat and go out into the real world you might find some of your preconceived delusions to be inaccurate. But that would be uncomfortable wouldn't it?

I did extensive 'ride arounds' for a couple of years in Wyoming as a deputy Sheriff. Volunteer basis and worked many nights and Saturdays. Received training, carried, and really worked as a deputy. Spent many hours observing those guys and gals. Some of them are starting to develop a bunker mentality because of people like you but overall - the salt of the earth.

So to answer the OP - it depends, but you might find that you can do even more than just go for a ride. I suppose it is less likely in 'the city' but I had a boss that did the same thing for the Florida Highway Patrol back in the early 90's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 10:19 AM

93 posts, read 283,485 times
Why the **** would you want to ride in a police car in the first place? I took a nice little ride in one about 3 months ago, but I wasn't a passenger, and like thaskatekid said, the stereo sucks. Oh and they put the cuffs on my hands way too tight(like always) while literally THROWING me in the back seat(I wish I would've hit my head on the top of the door, I came pretty damn close). I thought we were gonna take a friendly ride and go get some Shipley's or something, but when the car stopped I wasn't at Shipley's, I was at jail. I guess they had stocked up on their Shipley's earlier that day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: