Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 09:20 PM

882 posts, read 2,236,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
I second that. Fairmont area in Pasadena isn't that nice. It get's nice once you hit the Beltway, but other than that, I wouldn't really call that area "nice". Especially after you get off 45 onto Edgebrook.
That area of Pasadena IS Nice, the part you speak of isn't even Pasadena. Its South Houston/borders of Houston. I would consider the Fairmont Area of Pasadena, its good, but i think since Sugar Land was your choice, then you might be a little more upscale. Try the southern, coastal suburbs. Your commute in Pasadena will be awesome, though. IF that is a key factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 09:40 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,568,556 times
Working in Deer Park, I'd consider something along Clear Lake City Blvd. There is somewhat of a lack of zoning, somewhat of a lack of a true ''center'' in the Clear Lake area, some billboards + a few adult type businesses on Hwy 3. Oh well. This is the very outer edge of Houston and definitely feels different than Sugar Land as I have lived in both. Nobody makes an issue about this here, probably because there is no truly ''bad'' part of the area. And on weekends I am 20 minutes from downtown, 20 minutes from Kemah if I want to head those ways. Home prices per square foot, well you'll pay slightly more for them due to location.

The nice part of Pasadena mentioned here is nice, but street flooding is a major issue when it rains hard. It doesn't stink there, but if you take issue with being able to see flare stacks light up the midnight sky, that ''nice'' part of Pasadena isn't for you. Every day I go to work near a flare stack that sounds like thunder sometimes, but when I come home I don't want to see any evidence of them. That's just me though.

Last edited by tstone; 10-20-2009 at 09:57 PM..

Old 10-20-2009, 10:05 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,831,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthmoreAve View Post
That area of Pasadena IS Nice, the part you speak of isn't even Pasadena. Its South Houston/borders of Houston. I would consider the Fairmont Area of Pasadena, its good, but i think since Sugar Land was your choice, then you might be a little more upscale. Try the southern, coastal suburbs. Your commute in Pasadena will be awesome, though. IF that is a key factor.

Yes, of course it's still pasadena. I said "it gets nice". Right before the wal mart, which is still Pasadena. I'm aware that Pasadena ends somewhere

Old 10-22-2009, 04:28 PM

13 posts, read 36,000 times
My husband makes this drive daily from Friendswood. Its not that bad for him. We love where we are and recommend anyone with a family to consider Friendswood. Friendswood ISD has been ranked one of the best in the nation and has some of the best schools in the state of Texas. In addition, its very very safe here. low crime rates, low taxes. :-) When are you going to be moving?

Old 10-23-2009, 12:57 AM

14 posts, read 35,456 times
It would be an extrememly long and horribly sucky commute. Don't do it. Most people that live in Sugarland do not work any farther out than downtown. Deer Park is behind Pasadena. You'd have to go through a hellish commute, no matter which route you took. Especially coming home, back into Sugarland. Even if you took the beltway....you'd be spending a ton on tolls as you would have to go through several of them each day and they are expensive and always increasing. Spare yourself the agony. If you have to work in Deer Park, check out Clear Lake, Friendswood, Kemah, Seabrook, League City. If you like Master Planned, check out South Shore Harbor, Tuscan Lakes, West Ranch in Friendswood. There's tons of cute neighborhoods around the greater Clear Lake area that would be sooooooo much closer. One thing about Sugarland....even though it is a nice area, it is on the nightly news ALL the time. They get burglaries/robberies there often. I am guessing it is because they are so close to the Sharpstown area, which is a realllly bad area.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:59 AM

14 posts, read 35,456 times
I also have to say that I lived in Pasadena for a year once, right in the Fairmont/Burke Rd. area. The entire year I lived there I was sick....constant cold and sore throat. Once I moved, it went away. The water there tastes bad too.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:25 AM

8,891 posts, read 19,875,808 times
Pasadena gets it's water from the same source as Houston and Clear Lake. Did a presentation on area water at UHCL when I was a student there (not sure why my group picked water as our topic - but we did) and found sources for a lot of area cities are coming from the same place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston