Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2009, 04:27 PM

159 posts, read 563,737 times

Advertisements

I am one who spends months reading reviews trying to make decisions about technology, especially something that could cost me upwards of $3000 over a two year period. So here's my question:

For you AT&T Wireless users out there, what is the service really like in Houston and Sugar Land area?

I am considering the iPhone on AT&T, the Palm Pre on Sprint, and the new Droid on Verizon. I currently have TMobile, and hate it.

I would just like some real responses from real users, instead of answers that I get on other forums like "Iphone sux" or "Verizon sux".

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 04:56 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,178,620 times
A search reveals this thread . . .

//www.city-data.com/forum/houst...erage-esp.html

Old 06-28-2012, 02:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,124 times
Default Nothing but trouble, from day one

To Whom It May Concern,

I have been using an iPhone 4 with Att Wireless for the last 22 month. Nothing but trouble, from day one. Att Wireless has been dropping 50% of my calls, or maybe even more. Imagine the constant worry and aggravation of so many dropped calls! Over the course of the contract I have attempted to have the issue resolved with both Apple and Att Wireless. Apple has replaced my device with a brand new one and Att’s solution was to change my sim card. Neither solution worked; in fact the problem has gotten worst over time. My local Apple store where I purchased the phone refuses to replace it saying the problem lies with the service. Att refuses to accept the problem saying it’s a hardware issue and sending me back to Apple. See I am a customer a human being stuck in a contract between this two conglomerates whose faulty
product cost Americans billions of dollars per year. *Last two years I have had to leave my office and walk outside in order to talk on the Att Wireless phone. Sounds like I live in at the edge of the universe well, No! I live in Center City Philadelphia just 2 blocks from City Hall. If Att Wireless doesn’t have good coverage here where does it cover? Att Wireless was charging $138 per month on the unlimited everything plan which over the 24 month contract is well over $3000. Transferred to Tmobile on a prepaid unlimited everything plan for just $60 per month. Now I am surfing at 4g instead of 3g, I speed tested the Tmobile phone at 4-5 Mbps which is much faster than speeds the Iphone 4 3g offers. Best of all I can now talk on the phone without having to walk outside my office and without the constant worry of dropped calls. Still thinking about Att wireless? Save yourself a lot of money and a lot of aggravation and stay away from the horrible service of Att Wireless.

Professionally I am an Internet Marketing expert so I have created this webpage which I am advertising with the Facebook Ad Network in order to promote my horrible experience with Att Wireless. Facebook has targeting options and have set mine to target both Facebook users who are current Att customers as well as anyone who has ‘Liked’ Att Wireless on the Facebook network. I have also moved one of my Filipino outsourced worker from her current task to doing nothing but copying and pasting my story to every review site on the web. We are up to 42 reviews and this is after only one day. I will continue to have my agent review Att Wireless until a resolution is reached. My Facebook ads have displayed 700 hundred times, with 9 clicks to the website. The Facebook ad is attached.

My requested resolution is to receive every penny I had ever paid to Att Wirless over the last 22 Month as well as a sincere apology from a senior manager for my troubles. I can be reached at [email]disgruntledattclient@yahoo.com[/email].

Old 06-28-2012, 06:57 PM

17 posts, read 170,956 times
You can get the iPhone with all 3 carriers so whichever carrier you choose, stick with the iPhone
Much better ecosystem.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:07 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,643,962 times
I live near Sugar Land and have an iPhone with AT&T. I have no problems with coverage.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:17 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,134,123 times
ATT sucks vs. Verizon. I've had both. Verizon costs more, but you get what you pay for.

Ronnie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: