Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 12:20 PM

133 posts, read 268,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
Yeah POLICE in general is hard at work.. NOT
Just bunch of incompetent leaches taking away our hard earned money....

Baltimore issues over 2,000 red light camera tickets with dead officer's signature — Autoblog
When you generalize, you just hurt your own argument. I know a lot of good cops.

Besides, I can't tell you how many times I've seen the light go from yellow to red and then 3-5 more cars plow on through. It happens pretty much every day around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,682 times
Default it's a money maker

I got the ticket for turning right. I don't see any harm done to anyone when turning right at red light with knowing that no cars on the other direction.

It pissed me off. Anyone fights for the ticket, count me in. We need to disable the camera.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:42 AM

682 posts, read 1,941,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightcamera View Post
I got the ticket for turning right. I don't see any harm done to anyone when turning right at red light with knowing that no cars on the other direction.

It pissed me off. Anyone fights for the ticket, count me in. We need to disable the camera.
Unless there is a sign saying "No right turn on red" then it is perfectly fine to do so. But since the light is red, you still have to come to a complete stop or you have run the red light.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:00 AM

9 posts, read 22,887 times
The hearing officer in Jersey Village will work with you on a case of multiple violations. Learn to stop at a red light before you turn and the cameras will never be an issue to you again. And as far as Kevinduff72 getting a ticket for being stopped behind a large truck.......obviously another brilliant mind confused by the concept of still photography. If he would have appealed in a timely manner the violation probably would have been dismissed.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:04 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,170,918 times
Post the link so we can watch the video. I wanna see it.

Ronnie

Old 08-03-2011, 09:20 AM

9 posts, read 22,887 times
Can't. Without his notice number and pin number you can't watch it. He probably followed the big truck a little too closely and could not see the light when it changed on him. That is an appeal issue.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:32 AM

448 posts, read 702,316 times
The cameras are an issue for everyone no matter what your driving habits are. The only sure way to avoid a camera ticket is to not own a vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvredlitefacts View Post
The hearing officer in Jersey Village will work with you on a case of multiple violations. Learn to stop at a red light before you turn and the cameras will never be an issue to you again. And as far as Kevinduff72 getting a ticket for being stopped behind a large truck.......obviously another brilliant mind confused by the concept of still photography. If he would have appealed in a timely manner the violation probably would have been dismissed.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:36 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,990,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baytownb View Post
The cameras are an issue for everyone no matter what your driving habits are. The only sure way to avoid a camera ticket is to not own a vehicle.
or not to run the light.........

Old 08-03-2011, 08:43 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,444,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
or not to run the light.........

Old 08-03-2011, 08:47 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,444,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baytownb View Post
What utter BS crap! The cameras were never an issue for me during my driving days in Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston