Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 01:05 PM

25 posts, read 105,274 times

Advertisements

My neighbor's dog has me at my wit's end!! He barks for 8-14 hours per day while my neighbor is at work. I have tried to talk to my neighbor about it a few times. My neighbor's responses range from "I can't control barking" to I'll take care of the problem" (even though he probably has no intention of taking care of the problem). My neighbor is a very irresponsible dog owner, and as a result I have to be subjected to nuisance barking every day.

I am going to have to pursue options through animal control and small claims court. But, I was wondering, are there any dog free communities in Houston? Any neighborhoods or condo building that forbid dogs? These communities would be a good option for people like me who have been so traumatized by barking that we don't want to risk being subjected to nuisance barking again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 01:20 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,461,017 times
File for "disturbing the Peace".

Old 11-18-2009, 02:12 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,914,224 times
Hamburger laced with strichnine...Irresponsible dog owners are a pet peeve of mine. I like dogs, but when you have a dog park 2 blocks away and they still use my yard, thats lazy as h#$%.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:42 PM

13 posts, read 31,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Hamburger laced with strichnine...Irresponsible dog owners are a pet peeve of mine. I like dogs, but when you have a dog park 2 blocks away and they still use my yard, thats lazy as h#$%.
How do your trick your neighbor in to eating a poisoned hamburger?

Old 11-18-2009, 02:48 PM

567 posts, read 1,621,778 times
I asked first, then when there was no action I started to run my loud dirt bike in the backyard when the owners were at home and the dog was barking. They usually put the dog inside becasue that thing was going crazy about the bike...hehehehe

Also, I throw the dog poo onto the street so next time the dog walker has a better chance of walking through it.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:57 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,053,018 times
I'm sorry to hear that.

You could look for an inner-city townhome in a complex with very small yards. Or purchase a home on a large lot(acre.) Another option is a large loft in a building.

While you are staying in your home, you could install a window fan/ac to have on at night, it will help muffle the noise. Also call the police during one of the dogs barking episodes.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:16 PM

1,474 posts, read 4,995,601 times
dogs cant eat sodium glutamate. back home people throw sardines laced with SG to dogs before they burglarize the homes

Old 11-18-2009, 05:40 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,530,564 times
In the past, i've had an issue where dogs in my neighborhood were crapping in yard. My house was in a corner lot near the community mailbox, so it was convenient for the neighbors to have their dogs do this. I decided to post a sign on the mailbox letting them know that their dog could mysteriously disappear or become ill. It seemed to work as the weeks went by(no more crap as far as i know) , but i can't say i was certain since i hired someone to take care of my yard.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:47 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,461,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
For the owners, not the dog. I like dogs.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:05 PM

810 posts, read 1,449,251 times
You know, that's an interesting thing.

I look at the apartment sites and they offer "Dog Friendly" as a feature. What they should offer as a feature is "No Dogs". That would be a draw for me.

My neighbors now are Pit Bull fans, and those are bad dogs. I know that some people claim that the problem is the owner, but anyone who wants to own dogs that hurt people is a bad person, so they're making a circular argument.

Sonorio

Just waiting for the thought police to arrive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston