Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 06:11 PM

47 posts, read 141,781 times

Advertisements

Thank you all so much for your suggestions, we will put them to good use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 06:55 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,264,045 times
Default She's not from here...

Some of the responses cause me to mention something I remember about Mrs Harley, and that is that she just recently moved here from the UK, and I'm not sure where her MIL is from, but I am guessing the UK.

So that said... if you do head to the San Antionio area, the River Walk is nicely decorated with lights. Nearby is Fredericksburg is a nice town to visit during Christmas as well.

Happy Holidays / Merry Christmas!

Old 11-20-2009, 04:27 AM

You have a good memory HookTheBrotherUp we are from the UK originally, moved over here from Ireland and the MIL is in the UK.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you .

Old 11-20-2009, 10:33 AM

860 posts, read 1,584,631 times
This will be your family's first Thanksgiving Day in the U.S.! Will you be preparing dinner at home on Thursday? The grocery stores are always madhouses the day before, so you might want to finish shopping early in the week.

If I remember correctly, you mentioned that your MIL is arriving next Wednesday. That's one of the busiest travel days of the year, so there likely will be traffic delays and limited parking around the airport.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:06 AM

232 posts, read 701,051 times
Find the nearest bar and ask about a frequent drinker discount program for 6 weeks. It will ease the pain :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Harley View Post
Hi all

Next Wednesday my Mother in Law will be arriving for a 6 week visit and we are looking for ideas on places to take her while she is here.
Hubby will be off for one week of her visit and we are going to Renfest on the Sunday and we thought the zoo and general touristy stuff. But I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas on places that are a must see while she is here..or thoughts on places we should avoid.
We haven't done any tourist spots yet ourselves so this will be a chance for us to see it all as well..

Thanks for your help

Old 11-20-2009, 01:11 PM

Svensk08 - Yes this will be our first Thanksgiving day and I will be doing dinner at home, my friend from Magnolia is helping and her and her hubby will be joining us. I plan on shopping Sunday or Monday as I have been warned about the shops... then I am going to hibernate until the weekend to avoid black Friday....

MIL arrives on Wed but Hubby has gone to the UK to pick her up so will be with her, he left his car at the airport so I dont have to worry about going to pick them up.

xavier1774 - I have already stocked up on boxes of Franzia... the chardonnay was reduced in price at Katy, Walmart from $14.97 to 10.97... may need to get a few more if they are still that price tomorrow....

Old 11-20-2009, 01:29 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
If my mother in law came to visit me in Dallas, I would take her straight to Oak Cliff (the ghetto), tell her good luck, and drive home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston