Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 05:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,530 times

Advertisements

I am going to Houston over the Thanksgiving weekend, and I really want to kill some time by doing some fishing. I will be in the Galleria area. Can anyone recommend ANY places for me to do a little fishing? Any other recommendations of things to do are welcome as well.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 07:20 PM

144 posts, read 592,615 times
Here is a map, looks like #8 will be closest. I work around the Galleria area, I will have to keep an eye open the next few days. Alot of the master planed communities have there ponds stocked also.

TPWD: Houston - Take Me Fishing

Old 11-20-2009, 12:01 PM

344 posts, read 1,182,385 times
Fishing at McGovern Lake in Hermann Park used to be restricted to young kids and senior citizens. That was several years ago, but you might want to do some more in-depth checking before making the trip.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:06 PM

3,702 posts, read 18,155,517 times
If you like saltwater fishing, there are two easy places to go: The Pine Gully pier off of Todville Rd just north of Red Bluff (owned by City of Seabrook) and 2nd street in Seabrook. At 2nd street just pull your car to the side of the street, set out your chair, and go. Not the most productive spot but you always catch some stuff and it is really good for crabbing. The Pine Gully pier can be real productive. Bait can be purchased at Sylvan Beach in LaPorte or at the Marina in Seabrook (just ask around). I go to either of these locations when I just want to toss a line and think and don't want much effort...catching fish is a bonus. Sylvan Beach pier was destroyed by Ike and has not been replaced yet as with many spots on the list someone else provided. Other lakes are restricted to kids only.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:59 PM

2 posts, read 5,019 times
you can also go sea wolf park, or exit 7 off i-45 southbound follow into bayou vista, you'll see louies bait camp, thay have a small pier, and some bank fishing areas, good for reds and flounder at this time, tight lines!!

Old 11-24-2009, 06:24 PM

2 posts, read 3,530 times
Thanks for all of the recommendations! I really appreciate it. I will let you know how I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: