Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 09:23 AM

52 posts, read 132,286 times

Advertisements

Thaskateguy.......What color is your strato lounger?

Old 11-30-2009, 09:24 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,462,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmela432 View Post
Thaskateguy.......What color is your strato lounger?
I nice well worn brown. I live in that thing.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:27 AM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,021 times

Old 11-30-2009, 09:28 AM

I like Nice People, not just White People. I met a Jerk White guy on Thanksgiving day, that nearly got me in trouble. Talk about a a real dill weed. If he had not been White, I could have blamed his bad behavior on his race. But no, he was just a regular Jerk, that just happened to be White.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:30 AM

52 posts, read 132,286 times
Rigas,
No I was not joking....I have just never been anywhere else but here in Oregon. Why are you being so mean? And why is my question laughable? Me never traveling outside of Oregon I would say explains it all dont ya think? Sorry to bother you, I hope I didnt ruin your day

Old 11-30-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Rigas,
No I was not joking....I have just never been anywhere else but here in Oregon. Why are you being so mean? And why is my question laughable? Me never traveling outside of Oregon I would say explains it all dont ya think? Sorry to bother you, I hope I didnt ruin your day
What Houston has is Great People. We have to be. the locations is not Ideal for Human habitation, so it takes a certain mind set to make it here. Hot in the summer. Hot in the winter. (It's hot and sticky today) We have no scenic vistas. No clean water for swimming. No hills or valleys.----Not the kind of place a settler would have settled in, if they came in Summer. skeeters will carry you away. ---but out of that we have built a nice vibrant City, full of all kinds of folks. Nice folks. We don't have riots. We don't have gang problems. None to worry about. What we do have, is a fairly stable economy that you can count on. Lots of nice places to eat, if yer into that kind of thing. I've been here since 54, and call it Home. I have left many times, but always come back for some darn reason. Oh ya, there is work here, that's it. We have true Southern Hospitality here, and I like it just fine.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:26 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,087,644 times
Quote:
Rigas,
are there no black people in oregon? how do you interact with them? why do you assume the "ethnicity" of houston would be a problem? to be totally honest you will more then likely have more issue with the white people or asian, or hispanic as you would with black.

i dont agree with skate guy though, houston does have some great people, but houston has some real knuckleheads as well. more so then other cities IMO. maybe that is a product of the size/population but to the OP, it has nothing to do with the color of their skin.

and skate guy, what are you talking about its hot an sticky today? it is freaking 51 deg and raining all over houston right now. lol

Old 11-30-2009, 10:27 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,700,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
We don't have gang problems. None to worry about.

Uhh....

Old 11-30-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
are there no black people in oregon? how do you interact with them? why do you assume the "ethnicity" of houston would be a problem? to be totally honest you will more then likely have more issue with the white people or asian, or hispanic as you would with black.

i dont agree with skate guy though, houston does have some great people, but houston has some real knuckleheads as well. more so then other cities IMO. maybe that is a product of the size/population but to the OP, it has nothing to do with the color of their skin.

and skate guy, what are you talking about its hot an sticky today? it is freaking 51 deg and raining all over houston right now. lol
I just got back from Krogers, and had to take off my wind breaker, I was sweating so much.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:33 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

LOL...Was just going to address the hot and sticky out! Its 49 here in Seabrook....
As far as scenic venues...I have a huge blue heron walking across my yard right now...wind in the palms and the water view is great.
People in Houston are great...sure we have our share of knuckleheads, but what large city (or small one for that matter) doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston