Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 08:15 AM

42 posts, read 240,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingaroundok View Post
Not only does Houston need another amusement park. But it needs more MAJOR tourist attractions. Tourist attractions are what will bring the real estate value up!!!. Houston also needs to do something about all this concrete. Possible grow some green bushes on the side of them or paint them. If anyone has ever driven down the Katy freeway and if you see the section where Ikea is. I love how that section has color!!! It makes all the difference for visually appealing sites. Even if it’s just a normal store. Look at sugar land. They make sure that everything looks nice in that city. Property will go up as it will appear more desirable. Another thing I think Houston can benefit from is public transport such as a train or subway system much like NY or Sydney or London. It is a great city to start something like that.
But most of all if Houston can somehow win a bid on the Olympics that will bring MORE dollars into the city. More tourism and the government will make the city look a lot nicer. Houston has so much potential.
OHHH and while I am at it I think Houston needs MALLSS!!! Like Westfield’s! Not just the Strip malls that are everywhere. With the heat it’s annoying to be parking and walking to a store then have to park and walk into another store.
These things will bring desire and property value into a city.
what in the world?

first of all, doesn't houston sit too low for any type of subway system to be built here?

and malls? there are BEAU COUP malls in the greater houston area!

almeda, the galleria, memorial city, katy mills, sharpstown, baybrook, greenspoint, etc. etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 09:43 AM

3,073 posts, read 11,575,953 times
Well, The Yetti, say we settled for something along the lines of Kemah Boardwalk, it could atleast be closer to (or within) our city limits. More accessible so that it doesn't take a road trip to get on the ferris wheel. When I lived in Killeen, we used to have the greatest carnivals that were only a two minute drive from my house. Some people could walk. When my mother lived in New York, it took her less than ten minutes to get to Coney Island.

To be honest with you, all I really want is a huge rollercoaster, lol. But so far, the best ride in the city is the wheel at the aquarium.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:52 AM

61 posts, read 273,331 times
I know , what you mean in reference to malls already in almeda, the galleria, memorial city, katy mills, sharpstown, baybrook, greenspoint, etc. etc.
However If you travel around. To places where there is high tourist attraction you will see this simply does not level up to others. You need more the inside of those malls as well. Galleria is nice but many major cities have this and NICER! I dont mean to say these in an insulting manner, its just my opinion on how to make Houston a more appealing city for others to live in. Take a look at places like New york, Sydney, California, London. I think Houston has a huge potential.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:05 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,683,905 times
Houston has tourist attractions. We just do a poor job of letting people know about them.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
Houston has tourist attractions. We just do a poor job of letting people know about them.
Yeah and some of Houston's tourist attractions are similar to what you would find in a small town.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I know , what you mean in reference to malls already in almeda, the galleria, memorial city, katy mills, sharpstown, baybrook, greenspoint, etc. etc.
However If you travel around. To places where there is high tourist attraction you will see this simply does not level up to others. You need more the inside of those malls as well. Galleria is nice but many major cities have this and NICER! I dont mean to say these in an insulting manner, its just my opinion on how to make Houston a more appealing city for others to live in. Take a look at places like New york, Sydney, California, London. I think Houston has a huge potential.
Houston has the biggest mall of any major city in America, and last time I checked, Galleria had the second most number of stores in the country.

Old 05-19-2007, 06:51 AM

61 posts, read 273,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
Houston has the biggest mall of any major city in America, and last time I checked, Galleria had the second most number of stores in the country.
Isnt it Mall of America ?? I think Galleria is the biggest Mall in Texas.

Old 05-19-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Isnt it Mall of America ?? I think Galleria is the biggest Mall in Texas.
Mall of America has the most stores, but it's not in a major city.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:19 PM

321 posts, read 1,440,622 times
For those who want more history and more amusement parks... WHo is stopping anyone from building them or making history themselves? I remember Lincoln and G Washington stating..>I dont' care for the white house or DC.... no history! Bwahahhahaha

You want history.. make it.. You want amusements parks , build them! I want , I want , I want.

JFK Said.. "ASk not what your country can do for YOU, ask what you can do for your country"

If you got an idea , make it happen! If not.. go to Florida to grouch! Its the states pass time!

Old 05-19-2007, 12:21 PM

321 posts, read 1,440,622 times
We were at the last Kemah Boardwalk Winter parade of boats... for the respective Winter Holiday for the religion of your choice ... Anyway.. this new couple to Houston said... Gee our winter holiday parade in Florida was better. I replied.. well buy a boat and show us how to do it. They were standing on the warf. My opinion if you don't like something about Houston...why is one on the computer? Get out there and make it happen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston