Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 02:58 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,018,488 times

Advertisements

Who does what -- leaves their doors open? You'd be surprised, I know I am. I know a family who does just that so that their kid's friends can come and go whenever they please and always be welcome. I think it wouldn't hurt the kids to ring the bell - but to each his/her own. Of sometimes I read about home invasions, burglaries, etc where person(s) entered through an unlocked window or door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 03:08 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,747,246 times
People who are victims of home robberies like this typically fall into one of two categories. Small business owners who are known to keep large amounts of cash at home and people caught up in some type of illegal activity. If you do not fall into one of these activities then you have about a 1 and a million chance that some guys are going to randomly come into your home and beat you with bats.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:21 PM

1,474 posts, read 5,000,591 times
cougar! TMI about the victims, yet not even a description on the attacker :\

Old 12-21-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
The article mentioned that the invaders entered through an open door. Who does that?
these days a lot of people leave windows and doors open to take advantage of the cooler air

Old 12-22-2009, 07:49 AM

1,326 posts, read 3,454,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveArmy View Post
cougar! TMI about the victims, yet not even a description on the attacker :\
Kind of hard to get a description from a dead person and the other two who are still in the hospital and surely traumatized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveArmy View Post
these days a lot of people leave windows and doors open to take advantage of the cooler air
I NEVER, EVER leave my doors or windows open.
I don't care where you're live, if you do that you're just begging for someone to break into your home.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:25 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,056,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
People who are victims of home robberies like this typically fall into one of two categories. Small business owners who are known to keep large amounts of cash at home and people caught up in some type of illegal activity. If you do not fall into one of these activities then you have about a 1 and a million chance that some guys are going to randomly come into your home and beat you with bats.
I'm not sure how true this is, but it does hold water. More often than not, you hear about jewelery store owners being robbed or business owners in general.

From a thiefs point of view, they have to calculate their risk to make sure the burglary is worth it.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
Kind of hard to get a description from a dead person and the other two who are still in the hospital and surely traumatized.
well they got how many perps, time and the victims ages. theyre just being PC jerks, probably its obvious its Spring white trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
I NEVER, EVER leave my doors or windows open.
I don't care where you're live, if you do that you're just begging for someone to break into your home
well some folks in here don't believe in gates and doors - they can get in if theyre determined. well so far theyve worked perfectly here in our ghetto. of course being in the ghettos makes us more attentive to little details - like locking doors.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:45 AM

125 posts, read 213,270 times
I live on 20 acres outside a little town and leave my doors unlocked.
I also have a handgun and a shotgun within reach at anytime and I DO NOT play the stupid game of trigger locks ect. I also have a stungun that I carry with me whenever I go out and have access to other methods of self defense.
I should also mention that I have motion sensors of the doors and when I do open the windows I also have motion sensors that I can put on them.
Use your GOD given right to protect yourself!

Old 12-25-2009, 12:57 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,547,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmud123 View Post
I also have a stungun that I carry with me whenever I go out and have access to other methods of self defense.
Are stun guns legal in TX? If so, do you need a permit to have or carry one?

Old 12-25-2009, 02:29 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,680,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Fei View Post
Are stun guns legal in TX? If so, do you need a permit to have or carry one?
Yes they are legal here. You do not need a permit to have or carry one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston