Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 04:14 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
Let's hope it stays that way.
People are humble in Texas.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Most ignortant statment I've heard all year minus a few Obama has made. Don't get me wrong, I love Galveston, but its not the "main attraction" for people who live in Houston. Spring, Summer, & maybe early Fall are really about the only times you can go lay out on the beach or do anything fun in Galveston though there is a huge Mardi Gras festival down there every year which attracts thousands of visitors to the city.
What ignorant comment has Obama made?

What is the main attraction in Houston? They took Six Flags and Water World off.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:17 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
What ignorant comment has Obama made?

What is the main attraction in Houston? They took Six Flags and Water World off.
The Galleria

Old 12-24-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
The Galleria
Lol, every big city has a mall like Galleria. Big deal it has a Ice Skating.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:25 PM

9 posts, read 19,211 times
Um, compared to other cities in Northern California (which there are a few which have a small or medium version of the Galleria - I myself never been to Houston but I have heard about it and looked it up.) really don't have anything that grand.

Not to change the subject but, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Old 12-24-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhouiah View Post
Um, compared to other cities in Northern California (which there are a few which have a small or medium version of the Galleria - I myself never been to Houston but I have heard about it and looked it up.) really don't have anything that grand.

Not to change the subject but, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
San Jose has The Great Mall which is huge!

Valley Fair in San Jose is big.

What is Houston known for that people will remember for entertainment?

Old 12-25-2009, 03:11 AM

9 posts, read 19,211 times
Yes, I do agree with you (Texas User) about the Great Mall but when compared to Houston's Galleria your over a million square feet short when it comes to space. But yes, when I first went their I was astounded at how HUGGGGEEEE it was. Then again I was very small (child). HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! There are a few cities that are ruled out in this topic. However, not ALL big cities have a large mall like the Galleria. But hey its better to have something than nothing right??? I have been to several pretty decent sized cities in Cali that had NOTHING, NADA!!!!!!! I WAS BORED OUT OF MY MIND (These cities weren't as large as San Jose or Houston for that matter)!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Old 12-25-2009, 03:30 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,312,074 times
Where the money is

Old 12-25-2009, 09:28 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
San Jose has The Great Mall which is huge!

Valley Fair in San Jose is big.

What is Houston known for that people will remember for entertainment?
You're comparing San Joes's Great Mall to Houston's Galleria? LMFAO @ Texas User

Great Mall is just a sprawling 1 level indoor outlet/factory mall similar to Katy Mills & is no where near as high class as Houston's Galleria. I went to GM last summer & Frankly, I was very let down. Hell, they don't even have an Express which is pretty much standard as far as medium to upscale shopping goes. Its "G" by Guess was a let down as well, purely outlet stuff nobody wants in the real Guess stores. A/X?...negative...Adidas or Puma store?...negative...J Crew?...negative...Club Moncaco?...negative...BeBe?...negative...the list goes on.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhouiah View Post
Yes, I do agree with you (Texas User) about the Great Mall but when compared to Houston's Galleria your over a million square feet short when it comes to space. But yes, when I first went their I was astounded at how HUGGGGEEEE it was. Then again I was very small (child). HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! There are a few cities that are ruled out in this topic. However, not ALL big cities have a large mall like the Galleria. But hey its better to have something than nothing right??? I have been to several pretty decent sized cities in Cali that had NOTHING, NADA!!!!!!! I WAS BORED OUT OF MY MIND (These cities weren't as large as San Jose or Houston for that matter)!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Which cities? Katy has a small mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston