Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 09:46 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times

Advertisements

All of that happend yrs ago not recent Willow Meadows Willowbend crime goes up & down 6 months nice quite then 6 months crime spike a little.

APT complex about 2 blks from my house man was trying to steal construction supplies police chased him for about 5 min throught the complex

Randels 610 west bellfort 2 gangs fighting with each other through the night stoped in the parking lot do know if it was a gang member or someone elese but someone was shot

Randels bank got robed a few times one time someone robbed randels bank & the world saving bank all in 15 min

Thread about this was already posted women was run over Walmart parking lot one on 610 loop

Home owner came home to find 2 burglers inside of homes burglers jumped through the front bay window and ran off caught 45min later

Man riding a bike through my neighborhood used to go into peoples backyards man was seen just about every night for a few yrs cops and helicopter on 2 differnt occasions tried to track this man down but they never caught him have not heard if has been back or if he was ever caught

Same man might have one night went into my garage not 100% shure about that later that night he was spoted running & then sweating breathing really hard about 3/4 mile from my house

Meyerland Plaza mother daughter were getting into there into car drunk driver hit car pinning mother between her car & another car daughter tried to run over to stop the man but he kept backing up & killed the mother then drove off he was later caught on the northside in a motel he was been arrested for DWI 3 times before

Last edited by DJboutit; 01-08-2010 at 10:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 11:18 AM

112 posts, read 404,881 times
Who ISN'T a crime victim in Houston?

Old 01-08-2010, 12:07 PM

93 posts, read 283,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis7 View Post
I haven't experienced any crime, and I lived in some pretty damn bad areas of Houston. Hell, even at Westfield I was one of the few white people that wasn't picked on/assaulted. I live in Sugar Land now and I know numerous people that have been robbed/assaulted. My friend and his elderly dad were leaving Randalls off of williams trace/HW 6 and someone walked up to him with a knife and demanded his wallet. He gave it to him, didn't file a police report or anything -- weirdly enough, the same guy that stole it came to his front door and gave it back to him and apologized. Now that was some weird ****.

Last edited by Invictis; 01-08-2010 at 12:18 PM..

Old 01-08-2010, 12:15 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Quote:
I think I raised my hand on this earlier too.

I've never had anything happen that I didn't have coming to me.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:31 PM

1,474 posts, read 4,996,885 times
I live in the ghettos and we're ok here. most of you just need street cred

Old 01-08-2010, 02:21 PM

789 posts, read 1,527,774 times
Quote:
Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveArmy View Post
I live in the ghettos and we're ok here. most of you just need street cred
Debit or Credit?

Old 01-08-2010, 02:28 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,451,425 times
My sister-in-law had her car window smashed and broken into and my mother-in-law had her truck stolen...both at the same apartment complex last month in Spring Branch.
Luckily, they were able to find the truck the same day not too far away.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:04 PM

419 posts, read 1,921,624 times
Victim, yes. Truck stolen by illegals which went to Mexico. Truck found with much damage on South Texas ranch.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:53 PM

3 posts, read 9,880 times
I got hit by a drunk driver, that caused me to hit another car. It was a hit and run and the person in the other car didn't know what had happened and they tried to sue me. I had to go to the hospital, the car was snapped in 2. and for some reason the cop could not find the insurance paper, even though I told him it exactly where it was. So I had to go to court and show proof of insurance. Lawyers gave me closer, not the cops.

I have had my Credit Card stolen twice. I reported it. No responce. My credit dropped 15 points each time, for the problems that were caused.

I was choked my an undocumented person from Central America who was hopped up on coke.

I was kidnapped and escaped. The cops didn't even take a report, but they did drop me off at my house.

I was playing pool at a local pub, and was attacked by 5 guys. We used to go there alot, it was a pretty decent place until this. They actually attacked my husband because he walked into the restroom while they were working over some guy. So it was me, my husband, and a friend of ours defending ourselves, my purse got stolen. Cops were never called and the security guard threatened to spray me with mace when I went to wash up after the fight. He actually came into the ladies restroom and threatened me. I never went back to that place again.

Then, my car was illigally towed. The tow truck company told the apartment complex (which I had just moved into), that the car was reported stolen. The apartments had a photocopy of a tow slip with 'Stolen' hand written on it. When I called the tow truck company, they said that the apartments called them and told them to come and tow it.The apartments denied this. It had a flat tired(That I fixed the day before it was towed), and there was always something wrong with that car, it had a curse on it. They stole it and it is their curse, now. I didn't even bother with the police, because of the curse. My life has changed for the better, tramendously.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:01 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Yep.

It happened in 05 or 06 when I was living in the Champions area of NW Harris County. My upscale (or so I thought) apartment community got broken into by a couple of teenage minorities with nothing better to do. Had several thousand dollars worth of electronic equipment stolen...they even took the food out of my fridge!!! The thieves struck several other neighbors before they were finally caught. Never did recover what I lost.

From now on if I rent, I will for sure get renters insurance. Its cheap & well worth it IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston