Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 05:16 PM

867 posts, read 2,977,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictis View Post
Well, that's good to know, maybe the incident with my buddy was an isolated incident. Also, we're in our early 20's, and police officers generally don't start giving you 'respect' until you're around 25 or 30, especially the younger officers.
I was 18 when that incident took place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 08:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphalogica View Post
I was a victim of a 2nd Degree Robbery by three individuals in Sugar Land, Texas on May 30, 2002. The crime occurred near the First Colony Post Office in Grant's Lake. I knew one of the suspects from high school at Clements, which aided in their capture. They were each successfully convicted of the crime as they were found and the property they took from me was recovered in their vehicle. As a matter of fact, they were found at one of their parents' house behind Clements HS in Oaks of Alcorn (not a bad area, at all).

One of the suspects (the guy that I knew) was involved in a overnight burglary the following October or November (I think he was on probation from my case as he was a minor). He robbed the Fung's Kitchen in shopping mall adjacent to Town Center. (The business is no longer there, right behind what is now Sugar Land City Hall). Long story short, he kicked out a Sugar Land patrol car's window, escaped, and got hit by a Mac Truck on either Hwy 59 or Hwy 6 (I forget). Died instantly.

This kid's dad is actually a practicing attorney who's office is in Arena Towers on the SW Freeway and tried to sue the City of Sugar Land over the ordeal. He also tried to get the NAACP involved in my case, claiming the cops were racist. (One of the arresting SL officers in my case was black) Quite frankly, he's a scumbag lawyer. Due to him attempting to bring the NAACP and it being a robbery in Sugar Land, my case did make local news.

Texas Judiciary Online - HTML Opinion The lawsuit he brought to City of Sugar Land alleging that the City was responsible his son's death. He's a piece of crap.
Wow...It was just chance that I stumbled across all of your posts bashing my brother and father. It is VERY disappointing. Let me shed some light on the situation and give some facts. You are confused about some things.

My brother, Mark, was supposed to be picked up by my mom and I from school that afternoon but there was a gas leak at Clements and they weren't letting cars onto the property. This was before cell phones were omnipresent so he decided to catch a ride home with the other two guys who you mention. The robbery occurred after that. NOW, after we heard that Mark was robbing people, we were confused because he had no previous history of such things. After he went to jail, my mom and I actually came to talk to you about the situation. You were polite, well spoken, and even referred to Mark as an acquaintance. We actually walked away from meeting you and liked you. You told us that Mark NEVER even left the vehicle when the other two guys approached you and took your walkman and $5. You also signed a sworn affidavit to the court that I read that said that my brother was present but in the car and not really involved. He was not even driving. I READ your written testimony.

The NAACP got involved on their own accord. We did not solicit them and my dad had no connections whatsoever to the NAACP. The lawyer who worked for us, who was NOT my dad because he does not believe in representing yourself had relationships with the NAACP and they only became involved because my brother was still being detained in juvenile detention after YOU wrote testimony saying that he did not commit the actual action. He was there for 3 weeks but the court let him go the day the NAACP showed up. Your case was never discussed in detail on the news. They only talked about an innocent kid who was detained after the victim said he didn't commit the crime. NO ONE CLAIMED THE COPS WERE RACIST. I don't know where you got that from.

Now, regarding Fung's Kitchen, we will never know what happened that night/morning. Did my brother make mistakes? Yes. Should he have been out that night? No. Was he different after spending nearly a month in jail with criminals? Seemed like it to me. Did he rob Fung's Kitchen? Maybe he did.

More fact: My brother did not just escape from one police vehicle, but two of them. He kicked the window out of the first one and somehow opened the door of the second one before he was hit by a truck.

The case went to court because of the failure of the police to be properly trained in transporting a suspect. If a suspect can just open the door and get out, then there is a problem with that. And when you call someone a "SCUMBAG", try to get to know them first. My dad died last year of some health problems but his funeral was heavily attended by clients that he helped, mostly poor, tons of family and friends. Frankly, I can't think of anyone who would refer to my dad in such a way, but it sounds like you have because you don't have the facts. My mom died of brain cancer in 2009, so you don't have to worry about anyone from my immediate family bothering you anymore.

In another post you have on here, you refer to my brother being smashed like a "pancake". It is almost as if you enjoy reliving the events that are painful to others. It truly is sad, especially because like i said, I thought you were an upstanding guy when I met you back in 2002.

You got your walkman back. You got your $5. back. I know this post is from 2010, almost 8 years after the events but I saw on another post that you are still talking about it in 2013. Why? Calling names, exaggerating or lying about facts, and celebrating death sound like "scumbag" behavior, but I won't jump to that conclusion. I will just assume that you are looking to exaggerate a story on the internet.

If you would like to talk to about this more next time you are in the Sugar Land area, please let me know. I own a restaurant in the area now and would love to clear the air. I know you may not take me up on the offerer, but I have no ill feelings towards you. I'm just disappointed and it appears that some things are still bothering you.

Regards,

Royce

Old 09-27-2013, 09:15 AM

872 posts, read 827,938 times
When i was a kid in the 70's my Dad and I were robbed at gunpoint coming out of a gas station on Telephone road. I was robbed twice at gunpoint when I worked in retail in my younger years. On Thanksgiving Day of 2008 my Husband and I were at our families and needed to pick up a couple of things, we went to walmart on Wallsville and Beltway. We were in there maybe 20 minutes. When we walked out our truck was missing (our truck was 8 years old). We called the police and insurance company. The so called security cameras in the Walmart parking lot did not work. We got a call later that night from a Cop, he found our truck still running sitting on cylinder blocks on Mary Street in the 3rd ward. The truck was completely stripped, the steering column was trashed, and the seats were all sliced up. The thieves also stole our garage door opener remote and insurance card. Our insurance company totaled out the truck and sent us a check. I was a nervous wreck for weeks afraid they were going to come to our house. Our garage door opener was an old one so we just replaced it.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:13 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
A friend of mine and his buddy were robbed at gunpoint about 20 years ago at 1960 and Kuykendahl. There was that really trashy bar there that I can't remember the name of.

Anyways, they just arrive and get out when some thug comes up with his gun and tells them to hand over their wallets and watches. My friend turned 21 that day and it was the first time for him to go out to a club. He told the robber it was his 21st birthday and asked if he could keep his license so he wouldn't have to wait for a new one. He let him keep it. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston