U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 04:11 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,313,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
Brighton is a part of K-Hovnanian, which is a publicly traded company (HOV). Which means it has a CEO and a board. I'm sure you went to the president, but it was probably the president of the Houston Division. He probably has a Regional Manager who reports to a VP, who reports to the COO...etc.

Of course it won't be easy to get that high up, but it can be done. Look for some press releases with a contact name and number and start there. Ask the president of the Houston Division for his bosses phone number.

I know this isn't fair, but it can be done....without a lawyer. You have to keep pressing, keep asking for the next person up if that person won't help you. Eventually it will get to someone who will decide that paying you $11,000 is worth it to shut you up. That is what you want.
This is all accurate, except the part about Brighton paying $11,000 to shut them up. It's their money,.... by Brighton Homes own admission.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 08:03 PM

9,053 posts, read 15,998,594 times
Threaten to go public. Your realtor should be helping you.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:12 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,313,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Threaten to go public. Your realtor should be helping you.
If these folks were your client, that's what you would tell them to do to get their money back? I thought the Realtors role was to assist their clients in making a prudent buying decision. How could it be that these folks got this far down the road, in the current underwriting environment, with the Realtors guidance, and then find themselves unqualified? Serious question.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:27 PM

9,053 posts, read 15,998,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCH99 View Post
If these folks were your client, that's what you would tell them to do to get their money back? I thought the Realtors role was to assist their clients in making a prudent buying decision. How could it be that these folks got this far down the road, in the current underwriting environment, with the Realtors guidance, and then find themselves unqualified? Serious question.
No, I have gotten on the phone and made enough of a fuss that they got their money back. Almost all builders have their own lenders there and structure the price and sale so that the buyer feels compelled to go through that lender. Almost always, it is a nightmare. We can advise them that it's a better idea to go elsewhere for the loan - but since we cannot force them to do as we advise, we are left with the option of trying to repair the problem afterwards. Yes, the agent should have made sure they were previously approved by another lender before they ever showed up at that builder's site. Did they? I have no clue. I have had buyers approved by a decent lender and the builder would still have this happen. I don't know all the details here - BUT, from what the OP has stated, they are due their money back and the agent should help.

Last edited by cheryjohns; 01-04-2010 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: spell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston