Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2010, 09:52 AM

12 posts, read 35,092 times

Advertisements

My fiancée and I live in Austin, however we are planning on getting married in the Houston area. Are there any wedding venues which can be recommend either from your wedding or by attending one?

We are planning on having anywhere between 50 to 75 guest max which include the wedding party. We would like for the wedding venue to also accommodate the reception, which we will not be having a sit down dinner. Additionally we would like to keep the budget as low as possible. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 10:07 AM

162 posts, read 554,187 times
i am getting married at the end of the month, and recently spent a month looking all over for places. We ended up choosing an outdoor location in Missouri City.

you looking for indoor, or outdoor? budget as low as possible meaning? ive found that saying keeping a low budget means a lot of different things. Someone says, oh yeah this place is very reasonable and affordable, and they want 1500 bucks for a place. Do you have a section/area of town you are looking for? or just anywhere in the houston area and are willing to drive? Do you need an open room, or do you need the place to provide tables/chairs/sound system/linens, etc.? how fancy are you looking? there are a handful of low budget places that i found as long as you are willing to realize you are getting what you pay for.
A little more specific information and i could hopefully be of some help!

Old 01-13-2010, 10:30 AM

12 posts, read 35,092 times
Quote:
you looking for indoor, or outdoor?
We are planning on getting married in October so indoor, as the weather in October is a bit unpredictable. However if there is a place where that the ceremony is inside and the reception is both indoors and out, that would be fine, such as the Roof Garden in Galveston.

Quote:
budget as low as possible meaning? ive found that saying keeping a low budget means a lot of different things. Someone says, oh yeah this place is very reasonable and affordable, and they want 1500 bucks for a place.
Currently our budget, (I believe) is around 10,000 for the entire thing. (Dress, venue, food...everything). But if there is ways to cut that in some spots then we are all for it.

Quote:
Do you have a section/area of town you are looking for? or just anywhere in the houston area and are willing to drive?
Location is not a huge deal for us, as we live in Austin, whats a few more miles? However our families both live on the east side so Katy/Galveston/Conroe would be the max, if the location is great. On the wish list of greatest places, I would say in a skyscraper with a view of downtown.

Quote:
Do you need an open room, or do you need the place to provide tables/chairs/sound system/linens, etc.?
A place that has everything included would be great as that would save us trouble since we are unable to be there every minute. If the place provides a coordinator that would be great. We are thinking of having more of a cocktail reception so the formal dinning tables is not really required. For a dance floor, we are not sold one way or the other as to have dancing and dj/lights and all the works in those regards.

Quote:
how fancy are you looking? there are a handful of low budget places that i found as long as you are willing to realize you are getting what you pay for.
I think for both of us, something that would be more the style of sleek, modern and elegant would work best.

The only thing I believe we would really want to "splurge" on would be to have a small orchestra to play. (I played the violin for years and have always pictured that being in my wedding).

Thank you very much for your help/advice.

Last edited by Wayne80; 01-13-2010 at 10:53 AM..

Old 01-13-2010, 10:43 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,270,067 times
Default Katy venue

The Club At Falcon Point in Katy will host your wedding and reception. The club rooms overlook the golf course greens, and pond/lake. Very nice views, and October is generally nice weather in Houston. Whereas you cannot go down to the greens, the venue does have an open patio, so you can have both indoor/outdoor areas.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:04 PM

162 posts, read 554,187 times
there is a place just outside of downtown called the Skybar. Its up in a building a few stories up. They have the indoor seating/dance floor, etc. There is an outdoor patio with a gorgeous view of downtown. Its a semi-upscale urban lounge, to give you an idea what its like inside. No formal huge dining tables, but there are tables for seating.
it sounds like its pretty well perfect up your alley. The only thing is, i have no idea what the cost is, but i cant imagine it would be considered "cheap". Since its a lounge/club, i dont know if they would even rent it out on a friday or saturday night, unless you could guarantee a certain amount of liquor sales, etc. Ive been there a couple times and its a great place, last time i mentioned going there to a friend he said a friend got married there a while back, but i didnt ask details or anything. So im not really sure of the feasibilty or cost, but as far as venue goes, seems about perfect for you.

i just checked their website and they do have a consultant

MySpace - Have Your Party With Us! - 101 - Male - HOUSTON, Texas - myspace.com/scottgertnersskybar

Old 01-13-2010, 04:11 PM

3,702 posts, read 18,213,847 times
My cousin just had his wedding here: Heather's Glen: Houston Wedding I was pretty impressed with the place and thought it was one of the better weddings I have attended in a while.

You might also want to check out Brady's Landing here: Banquets (http://www.bradyslandingrestaurant.com/banquets.html - broken link)

Brady's landing is great for folks on the east side of town.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:44 PM

108 posts, read 484,672 times
Don't remember exactly how much everything was 5 years ago but we got married here
http://courtyardonstjames.com/

Old 01-13-2010, 08:47 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,832,525 times
This is in the east end

Hidden Oaks Bed & Breakfast 713-640-2457 or 888-305-0204

Old 01-14-2010, 11:40 AM

54 posts, read 206,448 times
Mood Gardens in Galveston does very nice weddings, hors dourves buffett or sitdown dinners, various menus. Plus guests can plan to stay a couple of extra days and visit museum, waterpark etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston