Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 06:11 PM

46 posts, read 42,941 times

Advertisements

Nothing needs to be changed. I will never be critical toward this city in any way ever again. The traffic, the pollution, the lousy aesthetics, wow, yes there shouldn't be any improvement at all because we all have jobs. Except for the minor point that the unemployment rate here is greater than that of the rest of Texas.

Yep everything here is great. No improvement necessary. It might cost me my job.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:24 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,706,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blawp View Post
Nothing needs to be changed. I will never be critical toward this city in any way ever again. The traffic, the pollution, the lousy aesthetics, wow, yes there shouldn't be any improvement at all because we all have jobs. Except for the minor point that the unemployment rate here is greater than that of the rest of Texas.

Yep everything here is great. No improvement necessary. It might cost me my job.
LOL, I see you're a fast learner

Old 01-22-2010, 06:25 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,834,197 times
Quote:

The locals (90% of them born here, I'd say) do not tolerate any criticism. That's nothing new here.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:52 PM

789 posts, read 1,519,800 times
Quote:

Sorry, but it's just that we heard it all before. Your gripe was that the traffic lights were ugly, lol. Your thread is just a long line in unproductive threads. So forgive us that live here for sticking up for the place we grew up in, or have truly come to love. And for those of us that know things are improving, and choose to focus on the good we already have.

The nerve of us Houstonians.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:16 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,324,903 times
Is this really necessary? How juvenile...

Old 01-22-2010, 07:29 PM

235 posts, read 799,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Is this really necessary? How juvenile...
He registered recently just to talk a lot of noise. When people get tired of him he'll start up a new account and start again.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:03 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,124,089 times
Aww...thanks, that made me all warm and fuzzy inside. Shucks, I'm black and I'm pretty sure I'm blushing now!

It's hard up at the top, but us Houstonians remain humble.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:12 PM

15,218 posts, read 30,412,573 times
Huh-huh-huh-huh he said "hard"

Speaking of hard, that's how life is when you move somewhere and don't accept that things aren't always going to be like where you came from.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:18 PM

2,542 posts, read 4,016,083 times
Just don't admit you're from California, and you can criticize all you want. Texans love to hate California. And it seems from your last thread that unfortunately, Texans also love to gloat about California's problems. Justs proves how great Texas is.

It reminds me of how when you have two universities in a city, the inferior one develops an intense rivalry with the better one. The better one often has no idea a rivalry exists. It's kind of pathetic.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:24 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,324,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
Just don't admit you're from California, and you can criticize all you want. Texans love to hate California. And it seems from your last thread that unfortunately, Texans also love to gloat about California's problems. Justs proves how great Texas is.

It reminds me of how when you have two universities in a city, the inferior one develops an intense rivalry with the better one. The better one often has no idea a rivalry exists. It's kind of pathetic.
That's not true, necessarily. We've had at least two Californians that I know of that have just done nothing but whine about Houston--and we've had some that love it here. I don't recall anyone hating or acting rude toward the latter.

You get what you give...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: