Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 09:16 AM

38 posts, read 110,415 times

Advertisements

Anyone have experience/insight to offer regarding this builder? Not much info comes up from google or forum searches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 10:30 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,730,475 times
Never heard of them. Could be some bankrupt builder under a new name.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:46 AM

that's what i'm thinking because there is literally nothing when you do a google search except for their company website.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:53 AM

809 posts, read 3,568,565 times
It could also be a company started by Executives who left or were laid off from another builder. It tells you on the website who founded the company. Try googling their names. I doubt they would advertise the founders if they had a company that went bankrupt. Just a thought.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTx View Post
It could also be a company started by Executives who left or were laid off from another builder. It tells you on the website who founded the company. Try googling their names. I doubt they would advertise the founders if they had a company that went bankrupt. Just a thought.
You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. Looks like Triump founders were once associated with Legend and Meritage in various executive capacities.

Lots of info on both those builders but any comments ITT would be welcomed.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:43 AM

235 posts, read 802,943 times
Looks like they're listed as builders in Fall Creek. Not sure if that's up-to-date.

FallCreek

Creekwood Section - $180-250k
Lake Point Section - $210-300k

Old 01-27-2010, 10:49 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
There are other places to look rather then just googling names.

I just pulled a Dunn and Bradstreet report and they have nothing.

I just pulled a Manta report on them and there is some info but I do not trust Manta's revenue numbers. It says my company earned $3 million last year. Yea right. A builder that has a staff of 19 people in this economic depression????? Earning $5 million???? Divide $5 million by the average home price and that comes out to about 21 homes. I do not know any builder who has sold 21 homes last year. Since I am on top of what builder is doing what I can tell you not even the largest builders have that many sales. A little guy like Triumph would not. They are all starving a slow death right now.

I'm not saying Triumph is bad. I know nothing about them.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:10 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
There are other places to look rather then just googling names.

I just pulled a Dunn and Bradstreet report and they have nothing.

I just pulled a Manta report on them and there is some info but I do not trust Manta's revenue numbers. It says my company earned $3 million last year. Yea right. A builder that has a staff of 19 people in this economic depression????? Earning $5 million???? Divide $5 million by the average home price and that comes out to about 21 homes. I do not know any builder who has sold 21 homes last year. Since I am on top of what builder is doing what I can tell you not even the largest builders have that many sales. A little guy like Triumph would not. They are all starving a slow death right now.

I'm not saying Triumph is bad. I know nothing about them.
21 home sales is wrong? to big? one of my customers ins intown homes who closed more then 100 before the summer last year. theer where also more then 8000 new homes starts in the second quarter of 2009 alone. i will agree that manta is not real accurate, they claim intown has 10-19 employees which is less then half, they claim 5-10 mil which is also a crazy low number.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:50 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,730,475 times
If you look through his posts, desertsun is on a mission to over-exaggerate how bad the housing market is.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:34 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,556,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
Never heard of them. Could be some bankrupt builder under a new name.
Not quite. Triumph Homes is a several year old start up with operations in Houston and a small presence in Dallas. It is lead by two long time veterans of the homebuilding industry. The President of Triumph Homes ran Legacy Homes in Houston for many years, which later become part of the Meritage Corporation. He ran the Meritage Houston division successfully for many years. He left that position to join forces with a partner and start a new privately owned venture, Triumph Homes.

If you simply go to their website, they have pretty comprehensive bio's available. At that point, it would be fairly easy to research any history that may be relevant.

There are many clowns that have made an appearance in the homebuilding business during the last decade. These guys were here long before that, and are amongst the most highly regarded.

The irony of the above captioned quote should be evident to the poster, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston