Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:23 AM

124 posts, read 320,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoe View Post
I don't know, i lived in Houston for a few years and rather enjoyed it. The night life may not compare to NYC, LA, Chicago, but there is still night life. It's a great place to be single.

The downside is the brutal humidity and lack of physical scenery, and physical things to do.

You think it's so bad, I invite you to the mid-size city where I was transferred to in 2008 in Virginia. Talk about boring and uninteresting people, I'd almost give away a body part to be somewhere else
Sarcasm is a drink best served warm, and you apparently left your glass sittting for a few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 10:29 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
If you think you are going to get away from "ultra liberal homosexual hippie tree huggers" by staying in Houston rather than Austin, you're mistaken! You do realize who the new mayor of Houston is, right? Houston has plenty of homosexuals and hippies... though I certainly wish we had more tree-huggers. Anyway, I think outside of the very small central core & university area of Austin, it is not "ultra-liberal" at all. It's not much different from here. That's something of a misunderstood stereotype of Austin, just as Houston has many incorrect stereotypes. BTW, almost everyone I personally know in Austin owns guns.
I think anyone with that mindset would have a harder time in most major cities including the ones in Texas.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:33 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEstudent View Post
this thread is hilarous...

shouldn't it also be

"Keep Houston Ugly" ???

I've always tried to open Houstonians to the ugliness and boring atmosphere that is so prevalent here...

finally glad to see it come together.
I think its good to be able to laugh at your city in a healthy way. I know they have the "Keep Austin Wierd" and the "Keep Dallas Pretentious" shirts. They could expand with "Keep Houston Ugly", "Keep San Antonio Mexican", "Keep New York Pungent", "Keep West Virgina Incestious", etc.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:28 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
I figured a lot of us could use a bit of lightning up around here and, well, consider this an enrichment exercise to that end for myself.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:22 PM

739 posts, read 2,262,195 times
I think its because most of the people on here work in offices. And their priorities are getting drunk at bars each night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston