Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 10:38 AM

1,474 posts, read 4,996,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
But do they prefer their dogs barbecued or deep fried?
Adobo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 11:19 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,995,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2bPinoy View Post
I know there is so much hate towards illegals but how about "legal" immigrants like me that got his green card the "legal" way?
You are welcome in Houston -- because you got here the right way and are looking to make a life here and hopefully working your way toward legal citizenship.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:02 PM

1,474 posts, read 4,996,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Ginger? There are only a handful of dishes in Filipino cooking that call for ginger & certainly not enough ginger to invade your pores. .
not many but its in easy to prep food like goto, aroz caldo (both congee type dishes) and many 'nilaga' (kinda like pho soup) - so if a chinese person tries one he'll immediately notice that different flavor

Quote:
I don't know a single Filipino who has eaten dog meat.

If you're going to make broad sweeping statements using "they" with an intent to be funny (or rude), at least be accurate. You'd have done better to mention our shoes.

P2bP - welcome! You should have no problems whatsoever being welcomed as a green-card holder in the US.
theres nothing to be shamed about eating mutts. that makes more sense than eating century eggs, bugs, snails
here's an off-broadway play and a novel Dogeaters, a CurtainUp Off Broadway review so everyone thinks youre a dogeater. embrace it

Old 02-12-2010, 12:07 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,656,958 times
does anyone know where to buy dog meat in Houston? i don't want to kill a dog myself, which i don't think is too weird since the majority of people eating hamburgers don't want to kill their own cows, but i'd like to taste dog, and seeing as there are a lot of koreans, vietnamese, and pinoys here....well...i was hoping i could get the chance.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:14 PM

33 posts, read 141,224 times
I don't think that's legal here. I don't know for sure, but I'm basing that off of the fact that a few Chinese places have gotten shut down for keeping cats in their freezers (no, that it isn't a racist statement, that actually happened at a Chinese place in Katy a few years ago).

Old 02-12-2010, 12:16 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,656,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiamon View Post
I don't think that's legal here. I don't know for sure, but I'm basing that off of the fact that a few Chinese places have gotten shut down for keeping cats in their freezers (no, that it isn't a racist statement, that actually happened at a Chinese place in Katy a few years ago).
So stupid. Eating a dog or cat isn't any worse than eating a cow or pig.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:38 PM

33 posts, read 141,224 times
Nope, it's not. It's just a cultural bias. And in South America, they eat guinea pigs. Americans don't like to kill the cute animals, that's all.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:11 PM

295 posts, read 1,169,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
But do they prefer their dogs barbecued or deep fried?

Old 02-12-2010, 02:55 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,675,343 times
Quote:
Ginger? There are only a handful of dishes in Filipino cooking that call for ginger & certainly not enough ginger to invade your pores.

I don't know a single Filipino who has eaten dog meat.

If you're going to make broad sweeping statements using "they" with an intent to be funny (or rude), at least be accurate
My bad. I should have said, "you people."

Old 02-12-2010, 08:51 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firsthome View Post
Isn't this whole country is made of Immigrants?

This is yours as much as anyone living in this country legally.
Ah, the Tedward argument...

No, I was born on US soil. The Alfred that came 24 years before me and was born in Belize can't claim that, though he's a citizen and I certainly don't remember any boat ride to NOLA myself, because I didn't immigrate here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: