Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2010, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 4,262 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are new to the Houston area and we are wondering about transportation to the Rodeo. We heard the Rail was the best way to go. We live in the Katy area. Any ideas on what our best bet would be? It would be a tad expensive to taxi in from here...lol Thanks for any input you can offer.

Sandra & Billy
Lucedale, MS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 04:57 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,569,183 times
Find a park & ride near you take that to Relaint they have shuttle service during the rodeo

Old 02-24-2010, 07:11 PM

4 posts, read 10,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Find a park & ride near you take that to Relaint they have shuttle service during the rodeo

I second this recommendation. I usually take the park and ride off the southwest loop and it usually takes a minimum amount of time to get to the rodeo bus drop off area. The buses they use are large and comfortable. I see plenty of families use this option. Otherwise, if you try to drive and park at the rodeo, it can take you an hour or more to park once you arrive to the general area. I made this mistake once.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:31 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,264,045 times
Default Train...

The Park n Ride is convenient to get there, but a pain to get out, unless you leave super early. Else there are long queues to wait in. Also, when you get to the Park n Ride, you have to park far away and walk to the bus... this could be the same as a few blocks, depending on what Park n Ride you go to (290). Then you have to walk from the bus to your car again, in the dark.

I live in Katy and I take the rail. It is more convenient for us... we take it into midtown, park for free within only one block, or less, then hop on the train to the rodeo. Same on the return, in and out very quickly, and the ride is nice to people watch.

Now the Cook Off is a different story!!!

Whether you take the bus, or train, the ride getting there is nice and efficient, but the return is a little more, shall we say, entertaining. On the bus you will have long lines and lots of drunks. If by rail, you will have a longer walk, but not much of a queue, but hords get in at once.

On the rail you have the same amount of drunks, however, since many are standing, or trying to stand, or someone helping someone stand, it gets interesting. If you are unfortunate, you also get the vomit comets... and they do vomit. Maybe they do on the bus, but I have not used it for years.

The reason is the free, unlimited alcohol in the tents. It gets wild and crazy, and you will see some crazy stuff on the trains. I especially like watching the HOT, HOT women that go to the Cook Off... and in the end, many of the same women are, well, not so hot, and drunk as a skunk.

Enjoy!

Last edited by HookTheBrotherUp; 02-24-2010 at 07:41 PM..

Old 02-25-2010, 01:27 PM

2,282 posts, read 4,056,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
On the rail you have the same amount of drunks, however, since many are standing, or trying to stand, or someone helping someone stand, it gets interesting. If you are unfortunate, you also get the vomit comets... and they do vomit. Maybe they do on the bus, but I have not used it for years.

The reason is the free, unlimited alcohol in the tents. It gets wild and crazy, and you will see some crazy stuff on the trains. I especially like watching the HOT, HOT women that go to the Cook Off... and in the end, many of the same women are, well, not so hot, and drunk as a skunk.

Enjoy!
Just another night of family entertainment here in the Bible Belt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston