Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2010, 05:02 AM

43 posts, read 207,136 times

Advertisements

We have moved to a patio home in Katy with a small back yard. I just discovered that 4 of the shrubs are Japanese Blueberry Trees..(google this) Whatever possessed the seller to put these in is beyond me. They are almost 2 years old and very healthy and now about 8'ft tall. They will get to be about 30ft tall with a spread of 15-20 ft. NOT for a patio yard. These will tower over the patio homes that bunt up to ours. They are well tolerated in this area, expensive but in short supply. Looking for a lover of these trees to dig up and plant on their property. Would love to swap for Wax Mrytles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 10:13 AM

3 posts, read 13,041 times
Macymaid,

You may want to consider something other than Wax Myrtles to replace the Japanese Blueberry. Wax Myrtles will also get big and overwhelm your space. If you want evergreen height, but not the width, try a Will Fleming Yaupon or Japanese Yew. These trees will get proportionally taller than wide.

Good Luck--if you were landscaping in Austin I would be happy to help!

Old 03-20-2010, 05:02 PM

460 posts, read 2,427,242 times
put a FOR FREE or FOR SWAP ad on Craigs List. The FOR FREE list is watched closely by all sorts of people. Of course, take appropriate precautions when dealing with strangers.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:34 AM

43 posts, read 207,136 times
Thanks to Austin Landscaper and TDHG566. I had a landscaper here the other day and he suggessted cutting down the 4 Japanese Blueberries. he said they are now the size of a 50 gallon tree and are worth a lot on the market but not in my small space. )-: I will ask him about the Japanese Yew and a Will Fleming Yaupon. I will google these trees now and call him. Hubby thanks you both also.
P.S. My kids are UT Grads and one married an Austin gal with heavy family roots there. They are back and forth to Austin often. I will pass your URL site to them. They all have large homes there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston