Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 08:19 AM

18 posts, read 59,559 times

Advertisements

They really are cows folks - not deer or pigs or armadillos (though we have all of those, too). I live in Spring Trails and we've been "fertilized" also three times in the past few weeks. Call the Montgomery County Sheriff's department. It's a known problem and they'll give you a number to call if you spot them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 10:42 AM

43 posts, read 194,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soasis View Post
They really are cows folks - not deer or pigs or armadillos (though we have all of those, too). I live in Spring Trails and we've been "fertilized" also three times in the past few weeks. Call the Montgomery County Sheriff's department. It's a known problem and they'll give you a number to call if you spot them.
It seems that you are right. I just received an email from the developer: "... Montgomery County has had crews out hunting the cows on four-wheelers and they had trailers on the ready to transport the cows out of the area. I don’t know what the final count was as to how many animals were removed ...".
Attached Thumbnails
Wild cows at Discovery at Spring Trails?-musket.jpg  

Old 03-12-2010, 03:13 PM

72 posts, read 211,180 times
This might not provide much consolation right now but give it a few more months to allow more homes to go up in the neighborhood and soon you wouldn't have anymore issues. I live in the next subdivision to you and we spotted several wild pigs and raccoons when we were among the first to move into the neighborhood but now they don't come close.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,103 times
It is wild cows, I live here too and they tore up my yard last night. I have lived in the area for 20 years and have seen them numerous times. In fact, as a teenager one hoped our electric fence and joined our herd of longhorns and never left! The cows were out last night, could hear them mooing and they left nice poo on my driveway. We are hunting them this weekend as the sherrif told us to go ahead! Anyone want to join our hunting party???

Old 11-08-2010, 08:23 AM

611 posts, read 2,233,940 times
it is easily cows

deer would not leave tracks that big.....deer nibble they don't shred plants (though they will nibble them to nothing) and pigs would have torn the living hell out of the entire yard

armadillos would have been holes with dirt flung out of the entrance of the holes

coons go for garbage not shrubs and possums are usually too shy to be around homes unless rabid then shoot the damn things

plus the manure is clearly cow dung deer sign is little balls and pigs is not a paddy like that is

technically if the cows are owned by someone you can't shoot them or pen them up you can only run them off......and depending on the county of location of these homes and the laws of that county it may well be what is called a "fence out" area which means that if you want livestock off your property it is up to you to fence them out and the owner of the animals is not liable for damages

I would believe most counties in Texas especially in the east are "fence in" areas which means the owner has the responsibility to fence his animals in and is responsible for damages to others property or crops from them getting out

if they are in fact unclaimed and coming in off of state land, rights of way, or river bottoms where they run feral then they would indeed be open season since there is not regulations for hunting domestic animals and livestock animals in Texas again provided they are unclaimed by any owner

Old 11-10-2010, 05:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,085 times
I also live in discovery and the cows got me again last night. I have seen them before. They are black and I couldn't get close enough to see if they are tagged. I have half a mind to catch them and take them to My dads ranch.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:59 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,730,475 times
A weekly neighborhood BBQ would be my advice.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:57 PM

258 posts, read 540,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinckx View Post
This is the second time in less than a month that deers or wild cows have destroyed my front yard.
No answer from the developer (Land of Tejas) and a weak response from the POA (Planned Community Management Inc.): “… you might want to ask your homeowners insurance if they would cover this …”.
So if you decide to buy a property in a “suppose gated community” as Discovery at Spring Trails better ask your insurance company is your policy covers these events – I doubt it – or be prepare to add some fences to your front yard – if the HOA agrees on that -. ... or just have more fun spending additional money in renovating your landscaping every month.
What the hell grow a pair, the world doesn't owe you anything.

Were you expecting the HOA or the developer to fix your yard? You are disgusting or very ignorant.

The HOA isn't responsible for cows on your lawn, GEEZ.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:18 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,691,505 times
If you think you're capable of cow whispering, be my guest. Let's see, wannabe rodeo clown vs feral 2000 lb beast...

As for hunting them-- in your neighborhood? Clear the kids out of their bedrooms within a mile radius please.

As far as the landscaping in the OP goes, spend $30 at Home Depot + 2 hours fixing it. Cry me a river!

Old 11-12-2010, 12:15 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,170,918 times
WTF is a "wild cow"? LOL Sorry, that made me laugh.

Ronnie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: