Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 09:52 AM

28 posts, read 80,417 times

Advertisements

Why dont' realtors always leave feedback? We've had 6 showings in one week of being on the market and only 3 realtors left feedback. One said they needed a 4th bedroom, one said the exterior needed some painting, and one said the price it too high (which it is priced right within the comps in the area, so I don't get that one). Anyway, just wondering what no feedback means....TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 11:20 AM

175 posts, read 939,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uagreen View Post
Why dont' realtors always leave feedback? We've had 6 showings in one week of being on the market and only 3 realtors left feedback. One said they needed a 4th bedroom, one said the exterior needed some painting, and one said the price it too high (which it is priced right within the comps in the area, so I don't get that one). Anyway, just wondering what no feedback means....TIA!
No feedback could mean a lot of things. I don't leave feedback when:

1) we viewed 10 or 20 houses in one day and don't remember what they all look like; or,
2) we did not find a house that day and ran back to office and working on a new list to view the following day; so feedback is not a priority.
3) have other customers and just don't have time.
4) too tired at the end of a busy day!

Old 03-15-2010, 11:31 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
One excuse (and I have been guilty lately):
Right now, the frenzy is on to beat the tax credit timeline, so a lot of realtors are stacking people to help them make the deadline. I may show one client 6 houses in the early part of the day, and another 7 houses in the later part of the day. I have good intentions of giving feedback on CSS - but also know that if I fail to do it that night, I may not really remember the details on the houses they did not like, especially since the next day will only add further houses to the mix. However, getting in at 7 or 7:30 and dead-tired, sitting down at a computer to give feedback when you are exhausted and starving - it sometimes just doesn't happen. At that point, I usually just do the ones where the house is a contender or if the house is so cluttered/dirty that the agent needs to know (and possibly the seller might see the light if another realtor also says what their own agent has been saying).

As to agents showing your house when the number of bedrooms aren't sufficient - that is one stupid realtor. Why did they show it in the first place if there weren't enough bedrooms? Pretty much ignore the ones saying the price was too high. I have had that come back on my listings when I knew they were priced right - and after further investigation, found that the realtor was too inexperienced to know what the prices should even be. Remember. at any given time, about 30-40% of realtors are brand new and know nothing. That group is a constantly revolving door.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappinator View Post
4) too tired at the end of a busy day!
Just to add to Kappinator - HGTV gives the impression that we show one house per day on House Hunters (notice they wear different clothes for each of the three houses they show). Then the TV client picks from the three. Real life is so not like that.
If you know your house is clean, smells nice, is not cluttered and is priced right, don't worry about it - if your subdivision has a history of turning its inventory over every three months. If it is a slow moving subdivision - ask your realtor for staging tips.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:41 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,577 times
Quote:
We just finally sold our home after nearly 6 months on the market. I noticed that most realtors left feedback, I'd say about 90% did.

You really can't do much about most of the comments, because most are going to complain about different things, and when someone is interested and makes an offer, they obviously want the house and don't care about whatever the complaint was.

I would only be worried about the comments if you get the same one over and over, like 'the house smelled like ciggarettes' or 'what were they thinking with that paint color.'

We had complaints from location, size of backyard, some loved the storage shed, others hated it, location of utility room, back door location, lack of tile, etc.

Good luck with your sale.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:48 PM

Thanks everyone. Would love feedback from any realtors on my house on har.com. It is MLS#9097185. TIA!

Old 03-15-2010, 02:28 PM

Live without refrigerator magnets while trying to sell. Take them off and reshoot photo and send to your agent to upload.
Also, I realize grass throughout Houston looks dead - and bad - right now. Maybe switch an interior shot to be the main shot, instead of the usual exterior. Because of the lack of color, the exterior looks drab - and buyers, who decide what they want to see via internet - are not going to look past that first picture. The interior is very nice. Maybe get a couple of really big pots for the front - plant geraniums - it should be safe now.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:02 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,833,187 times
How many showings are you getting a week? More or less?

Old 03-15-2010, 03:07 PM

modster, we've been on the market for two weeks (almost) but have only allowed showings since last Sunday (March 7th) and we've had 6 showings total. But I am anxious to go under contract bc the house I want to buy could go anyday now. We're looking to buy in Meyerland and there are not very many viable options at ALL....so if the house we want sells before we have an offer on ours, we're screwed.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:20 PM

175 posts, read 939,242 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone. Would love feedback from any realtors on my house on har.com. It is MLS#9097185. TIA!
I agree with Cheryjohns on that exterior photo. Potted plants are a good idea; maybe one or two near the driveway and then on the porch as she said. Or, crop that photo taking the grass out completely. Otherwise,
I thought the photos were good and your house shows very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston