Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2010, 05:30 PM

5 posts, read 17,585 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving from Alabama to Houston with our 3 children (ages 6, 4, and 7 months). I am a stay-at-home, and my husband can choose where his office will be (so work commute is not an issue). We have narrowed down our search to Cinco Ranch and Sienna Plantation. Can anyone offer their opinion of the pros and cons of each of these? Also, is Sienna Plantation considered less desirable because it is in Missouri City? Thanks for the advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 10:18 AM

967 posts, read 2,609,287 times
Eh... they're essentially the same. Pick the one with the best home for you, if commute isn't an issue.

Spend some time calculating how far you are from your errands, and other things that matter. For example, I live in Cinco SW and I am 10 minutes from Mason Rd. On Mason I have church, preschool, bank, dance classes, gymnastics, all the chain grocers, etc... Whatever your life activities, where are they? Are they close enough to either neighborhood?

Old 03-21-2010, 11:33 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,197,088 times
Cinco Ranch has a better commute and better location, but Sienna Plantation is the better community. This is my opinion.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:34 AM

293 posts, read 1,035,474 times
I see nothing negative about Cinco Ranch. I live there. I am sure Sienna Plan. is very nice too. I am so happy in our new home in Cinco Ranch. SO pretty, lots to do, nice people. We walk to the lake with our little dog. Our son is grown, but so much for the kids there too.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudysmom View Post
I see nothing negative about Cinco Ranch. I live there. I am sure Sienna Plan. is very nice too. I am so happy in our new home in Cinco Ranch. SO pretty, lots to do, nice people. We walk to the lake with our little dog. Our son is grown, but so much for the kids there too.
The only thing Sienna Plantation has over Cinco Ranch is diversity.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:04 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,948,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linskid View Post
My husband and I are moving from Alabama to Houston with our 3 children (ages 6, 4, and 7 months). I am a stay-at-home, and my husband can choose where his office will be (so work commute is not an issue). We have narrowed down our search to Cinco Ranch and Sienna Plantation. Can anyone offer their opinion of the pros and cons of each of these? Also, is Sienna Plantation considered less desirable because it is in Missouri City? Thanks for the advice!
Missouri City is very nice, so I don't think living there would be a problem. Still, I say Cinco Ranch is a lot better than Sienna Plantation. It's larger, more amenities, and is located on the western side of Houston's metro, which is easily the most connected side. I'd say Katy ISD is better than Fort Bend ISD. Don't think the high schools that Sienna Plantation is zoned to can compare to Cinco Ranch or Seven Lakes High School. This is my opinion though.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Missouri City is very nice, so I don't think living there would be a problem. Still, I say Cinco Ranch is a lot better than Sienna Plantation. It's larger, more amenities, and is located on the western side of Houston's metro, which is easily the most connected side. I'd say Katy ISD is better than Fort Bend ISD. Don't think the high schools that Sienna Plantation is zoned to can compare to Cinco Ranch or Seven Lakes High School. This is my opinion though.

I agree with this. The only reason why I say Sienna Plantation is the better community is because I like the layout more and the diversity. I know SP just built a new high school though.

Both are great places.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:13 PM

35 posts, read 170,621 times
I just moved to SP and checked out both CR and SP before deciding. I think both communities are great but its the magical feel and look of SP (reminds me of a storybook town) that I loved most. The people are amazingly nice and the schools here are great. We have a ton of SP community activities. In fact last fourth of July they have a fireworks event that blew me away. It has live music, food, etc. I was soo glad this way my community. They are also doing alot of building around SP and it is very close to Sugar Land which has tons of restaurants, shopping, etc. You should take a look at both communities but I wouldn't be shocked if you decided on SP.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:27 AM

55 posts, read 152,548 times
A new high school opens this school year zoned to all Sienna Plantation residence. For more info
check ;
Fort Bend ISD High School #11

Old 05-18-2011, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 4,099 times
I live in Cinco Ranch, but m highly frustrated with their "modification" approval process which is slow when you want to improve the appearance and efficiency of you home right away. Modifications that are obvious improvements should be allowed without having to go through a month long process to get approval, especially when you want to improve the efficiency of your home right away. The HOA is the most negative thing about living in CR. I also have come to think it is too big and has lost the neighborly type feel of most suburbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston