Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:57 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,145,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiobtm View Post
Let me get this straight. We're going to be gifted with a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn’t understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president who also hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, andfinanced by a country that's broke.

What the hell could possibly go wrong?
OK, honestly I've read this on Facebook--you've officially sunk to that level.

This country is already has people that don't read the fine print or not at all; seriously you think if you put 3 "no public bathroom" up people won't ask... There are plenty of unhealthy, fat people out there (people are just starting to realize there is corn syrup in their food) and this country is broken, what's the difference?

Based on that--nada.

Last edited by theSUBlime; 03-26-2010 at 11:23 PM..

Old 03-26-2010, 10:58 PM

1,474 posts, read 4,994,936 times
Quote:
What the hell could possibly go wrong?
a 2nd term i guess

Old 03-26-2010, 11:08 PM

497 posts, read 1,484,976 times
The post is too long to quote so.

1. Minimize expenses - pay the $750 a year fine. That is your answer?

2. The point is - there is no longer any incentive to live healthy. Everyone pays the same rate regardless of how much or little effort they expend. I know that leftists pretend that people do not respond to punishment (taxes) or rewards (free handouts) but they do.

3. Paying less?! You are deluded because you cannot think beyond yourself. So for you - yes it will be cheaper. For the country as a whole - you are deluded.

4. First, your assertion that lack of preventive coverage has a significant bearing on life expectancy is laughable. Second, it means that health care as a percentage of GDP will go up. I thought you said this was going to be cheaper?

5. What? Dude, someone is going to pay for all this. It might not be you, which makes you giddy, but believe me either costs will go up or the quality of care will go down. Especially since this bill doesn't address one of the largest reasons health care is so expensive in the US - out of control tort law.

I am not going to waste any more time on this thread. You think I'm an idiot. I think you are a selfish and short sighted idiot. The left has been radicalizing politics for 40 years. Now the right is becoming radical. I figure another 10-20 years and we're going to have ourselves a first class sh*t storm.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:11 PM

497 posts, read 1,484,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
OK, honestly I've read this on Facebook--you've officially sunk to that level.

This country is already has people that don't read the fine print (or not at all, seriously you think if you put "no public bathroom" signs on 3 signs people won't ask...) are unhealthy, fat (people are just starting to realize there is corn syrup in their food) and this country is broken, what's the difference?

Based on that--nada.
Could you post that again in English?

Old 03-26-2010, 11:20 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,145,162 times
Quote:
Could you post that again in English?
First point proved.

Quote:
2. The point is - there is no longer any incentive to live healthy. Everyone pays the same rate regardless of how much or little effort they expend. I know that leftists pretend that people do not respond to punishment (taxes) or rewards (free handouts) but they do.
Living healthily will not stop you from getting hit by a drunk 18-wheeler driver. And you better watch out if you're a bottom (btm), that's risky too. Wrap it before you tap it.

Last edited by theSUBlime; 03-26-2010 at 11:29 PM..

Old 03-27-2010, 02:36 AM

72 posts, read 211,166 times
I wanted to post my 2 cents on this issue given that losts of people have valid concerns as well as reasons to be happy that this has passed. As for me, I am ambivalent about the whole things.

I have a kid with a pre-existing condition so I stand to benefit in that way. But I have lived in Europe for almost 10 years and I know how rotten socialized healthcare can be. I work for the healthcare industry currently so I know how much some hospitals over-charge the few insured to cover their costs for the un-insured. I used to work for 2 of the big-pharma companies so I know about the lobbying and the greed. I am also in the bracket of people who will see some increment in taxes.

My take on healthcare reform is that it should have been done bite-size. The spiralling costs is not due to insurance companies only (and don't get me wrong those companies are greedy also). There is a lot of uncontrolled waste in the system right now which should have been tackled first. For instance, people going to the ER for Tylenol, Motrin etx because they have medicaid, ER physician's ordering CT scan on every Tom, Dick and Harry who walks through the door.

And oh! for those of you worried about the deficit, it was and is bound to rise anyway, even if it wasn't through healthcare "insurance" reform. Until, the greedy and corrupt law-makers get their act together and realize that this is not about them and how many terms they serve in office but about the ordinary American, they will succumb to lobbyist, Wall street and their egos!!!!

Old 03-27-2010, 07:31 AM

1,211 posts, read 3,555,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
First point proved.
And you better watch out if you're a bottom (btm), that's risky too. Wrap it before you tap it.
Thanks for the crystal clear clarification of your personal agenda. Nice.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:41 AM

3,565 posts, read 4,863,320 times
Quote:

3. Paying less?! You are deluded because you cannot think beyond yourself. So for you - yes it will be cheaper. For the country as a whole - you are deluded.

4. First, your assertion that lack of preventive coverage has a significant bearing on life expectancy is laughable. Second, it means that health care as a percentage of GDP will go up. I thought you said this was going to be cheaper?

5. What? Dude, someone is going to pay for all this. It might not be you, which makes you giddy, but believe me either costs will go up or the quality of care will go down. Especially since this bill doesn't address one of the largest reasons health care is so expensive in the US - out of control tort law.

I am not going to waste any more time on this thread. You think I'm an idiot. I think you are a selfish and short sighted idiot. The left has been radicalizing politics for 40 years. Now the right is becoming radical. I figure another 10-20 years and we're going to have ourselves a first class sh*t storm.

aehm, talkin' to me? Then quote me.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:50 AM

1,211 posts, read 3,555,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Then quote me.
....waste of bandwidth.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:55 AM

3,565 posts, read 4,863,320 times
Quote:

Move to Costa Rica.

Like Americans have been living healthy LOL. Nice try.

COB = Congressional Budget Office. Yes, paying less... much less. Check it out duh.

False. But you can check that yourself.

Got insurance? Then you're paying for other people their bills. Duh. Gosh, why don't you start thinking before posting? You are ALREADY paying for other people their bills if you have health insurance.

Bye.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston