U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2010, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 2,858 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!

I will be moving to Galveston to work in UTMB in June. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any areas that would be safe to live in on the island and also any areas I should avoid.

It would be just my fiance and I moving to the Island and we're thinking of renting apartments that are I suppose either new/newer or newly renovated. Also, I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good real estate agents for the island, that would be great.

Thanks so much!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 06:49 PM

10,424 posts, read 46,172,915 times
Anywhere near UTMB is pretty safe. That area is known as The Strand. If you search this forum you will see lots of posts good and bad. Galveston does indeed have it's problems but the future looks bright if the federal grants and loans are used properly by the ever so corrupt, crooked and idiotic city council who are more interested in personal gain.

You can drive around and see all kinds of rental properties but I will recommend one I know intimately called Excelsior since yours truly is part of its existence. The remaining units are filling up with UTMB employees. Excelsior Condominiums

I know the web site says they are for sale but you can also lease them for 12 month terms for about $950/m. A prettier place you will not find and you can walk to work as most people do. You can also walk to the beach which is about 2 blocks.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:00 AM

2 posts, read 2,858 times
Thank you very much for the info desertsun41.

I am very interested in the apts at Excelsior. Do you know if the $950/m is for Antigua or Montserrat Residence? Also, who should I contact for more details to these apartments.

Lastly, what documentations would I need to be able to rent in Galveston as I will be moving from Ireland.

Thank you very much for your time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston