Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 08:28 PM

104 posts, read 359,756 times

Advertisements

Yup well I lived in North Carolina....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 10:14 PM

491 posts, read 1,261,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisha_amos View Post
I applied for a job with State of Texas....Was Called...Took the required tests and passed both. Was told I would be contacted for an interview and 2 weeks passed, never was contacted. I called them and they said that they will definitely call me, but they are just not certain when. Why does it take so long? It's been almost a month now...and no it's not a Law Enforcement job. I know Law enforcement takes alot longer.
Sometimes there is "behind the scenes" stuff going on that you will never be privy to. For example, after all applicants are interviewed, the hiring manager may decide that he or she did not think any of the applicants were really qualified. They then will just sit on the requisition for a while and not do anything and eventually reopen the position for more applicants.

Sometimes the managers may decide not to fill the position because of budget considerations, even though they have already interviewed quite a few people. They sit on the requisition and then eventually send out a letter stating that they have decided not fill the position.

The best way to get hired by the state is to constantly apply for jobs that you are qualified for and never assume that you are going to be hired for a particular position, no matter how well the interview went.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:05 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,854,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroPlumber View Post
Sometimes there is "behind the scenes" stuff going on that you will never be privy to. For example, after all applicants are interviewed, the hiring manager may decide that he or she did not think any of the applicants were really qualified. They then will just sit on the requisition for a while and not do anything and eventually reopen the position for more applicants.

Sometimes the managers may decide not to fill the position because of budget considerations, even though they have already interviewed quite a few people. They sit on the requisition and then eventually send out a letter stating that they have decided not fill the position.

The best way to get hired by the state is to constantly apply for jobs that you are qualified for and never assume that you are going to be hired for a particular position, no matter how well the interview went.
Great advice! That's what I did and was rewarded with a great job because of it. I'm not one to sit around and wait on someone else. Only the proactive people will succeed in this job climate.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:07 PM

104 posts, read 359,756 times
Great!

Old 04-03-2010, 08:40 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
The state is just really slow at getting anything done.It is usually caused because once it gets to the interview part that involves getting like three management people togother on the same schedule to do it. Those in elected position get their attention first of course ;that can make it some what difficult to schedule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: