U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 04:52 PM

82 posts, read 530,622 times

Advertisements

I would be absolutely miserable without my media room! I've had to live that existence before and hope to never have to return to it. I’m one of those people that don't like watching TV in the bedroom. There is a TV in there, but it is primarily used in the morning to check the weather and traffic, watch the news or give my daughter something to keep her occupied as we get dressed.

Family room viewing is dominated by my wife and daughter. The little one has to watch her various Nick and Disney favorites and then my wife watches shows like Idol, Dancing, or Young and the Restless after the little one goes to bed. I’m a huge sports fan so this is a big problem because there is always something on that I want to watch too. My alternative before was demanding the TV, which didn’t always go over well with the ladies in the house or retreating to the bedroom, which as I already stated, is definitely not my preference. The problem with this was two fold considering that I also like to have something to snack on or drink while taking in the game and food and drinks are pretty much off limits in the bedrooms as far as I’m concerned. Thus when I bought my current house, a media/theater room was a must have and I use it every single day.

It allows me to get my sports fix, kick back with my feet up, and just enjoy myself guilt free knowing that I didn’t have to bully the TV away from my loved ones in order to watch what I want to watch in comfort. I also keep my Xbox 360 and Wii in there although I rarely play them. However, if I want to, I don't have to wait my turn with the television which was usually after everybody went to bed or be confined to the bedroom.

If you set your gameroom up like an additional family room like a lot of people seem to do with a sofa and a big TV, I can see how a media room can be a little redundant, but my gameroom has a pool table, a bar, and a significantly smaller flat screen.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston