Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 05:01 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,483,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I never had any troubles at Bush other then that airport being named after a brutal dictator who should be hanged from the other end of the rope that Saddam hung from.

The main problem that EVERYONE complains about with Hobby is if you are picking up or dropping off, there is no food vendors while you wait. The main lobby is tiny with nothing but a little coffee stand and a micro sized bar. You have to be a ticketed customer to go where the stores are.

I do have to agree with those who mentioned Newark as the poster boy of rudeness. As my home airport for some 40 years I know this is fact. Argue if you will but NJ and NY are the rudest people in America. Speaking of Newark. Have you read the article this weekend about Newark? March of this year was the first time in 44 years that a whole month went by without a single murder.
Are you aware that Bush airport is named after George H.W. Bush, the kindly Papa Bush, not little Shrub Bush? I've never heard Papa Bush called a "brutal dictator". The son , on the other hand ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 07:18 AM

2,282 posts, read 4,061,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I never had any troubles at Bush other then that airport being named after a brutal dictator who should be hanged from the other end of the rope that Saddam hung from.
Nothing to see here...folks...keep moving...keep moving...

Old 04-06-2010, 07:59 AM

1,290 posts, read 5,437,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
I prefer Bush for everything except location. Bush sucks to get to.

I really wish Bush had a set up like DFW. DFW is connected to just about every major road that comes into Dallas or Fort Worth. You dont have to get on a side street and then drive on a road with a bunch of stop lights like you do with Bush, Hobby, or Love Field. Whenever Ive gone to Bush, I have to get off of Beltway 8, then drive on a side road for 10 minutes or so. But its an attractive enough airport.
The best approach to IAH is on the Hardy toll road. If your trip can take you on the Hardy, that's the bees knees.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:10 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,720 times
I've flown in/out of Bush quite a number of times over the years for business and have to say that I find it to be a pretty efficiently-run as far as airports go. The last time I flew in/out of there, the airline employees & security were amazing nice & helpful - opened & closed our stroller, loaded all my stuff onto the belt, held my kids while I got us re-situated between cart & stroller - I was really pleasantly surprised. Then I got to Newark (my hometown airport) and it was a completely different, disappointing and downright rude experience.

One thing that did surprise me about IAH is how far the parking is from the terminal! I actually forgot the car seats and had to go all the way back. I've always been dropped off or picked up curbside so had never actually parked there before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston