Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 05:53 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,767,122 times

Advertisements

Well, I guess it's not true about the expansion then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 03:16 AM

385 posts, read 967,711 times
there was a pretty big expansion back in 2006, but I haven't seen or heard of anything new on any of the blogs, forums, or news sites related to Houston. Nor have I received any information on any of the mailing lists I'm subscribed to.

https://www.facebook.com/HoustonGalleria
http://www.simon.com/mall/?id=805
http://www.uptown-houston.com/

Old 04-01-2012, 11:21 AM

OK! I read this on another forum. I dont think you can source another forum on here.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:16 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,285,643 times
What else would they add? Another Lids or another Starbucks.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
They can find stores. LOL

Old 04-01-2012, 03:01 PM

How is the convention center development coming along?

Old 04-01-2012, 03:27 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
there are many stores that can be added.

There are many stores that are in uptown and Highland Village that are not found in the Galleria.

They could also add more full service dining, more entertainment areas, A theater would be nice, rides, etc etc.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:50 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
there are many stores that can be added.

There are many stores that are in uptown and Highland Village that are not found in the Galleria.

They could also add more full service dining, more entertainment areas, A theater would be nice, rides, etc etc.
I was thinking in terms of stores. Imagine store fronts and the Univeristy line..

Old 04-01-2012, 07:31 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
I was thinking in terms of stores. Imagine store fronts and the Univeristy line..
The University line won't go near the Galleria.

If your eyes are sharp enough to see storefronts from a rail over 20 blocks away, then maybe they should, but the rest of us would need binoculars.

You are forgetting that because of the retards in Afton Oaks the rail does NOt run down Westheimer, it does not run down Richmond, it runs down WestPark through Uptown.

Its a little over a mile from Westpark to Westheimer at Post oak.

They screwed up the University line Royally.

There is no stop right in front of TSU. UH Gets two stops on the University/ Blue line and two on the SE/ Purple line, but the TSU stop is like 3 blocks from Campus. ST Thomas also gets a stop on the University line and of course Rice and UH Downtown has stops on the Red/ Main line.

I still don't think they have decided whether or not they will make the uptown line a continuous loop with the University line. That would be a plus rather than transferring.

This is the latest map:
http://www.ctchouston.org/blogs/christof/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/metro2012diagram_09-31.pdf (broken link)

Old 04-01-2012, 08:16 PM

148 posts, read 389,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
The University line won't go near the Galleria.

If your eyes are sharp enough to see storefronts from a rail over 20 blocks away, then maybe they should, but the rest of us would need binoculars.

You are forgetting that because of the retards in Afton Oaks the rail does NOt run down Westheimer, it does not run down Richmond, it runs down WestPark through Uptown.

Its a little over a mile from Westpark to Westheimer at Post oak.

They screwed up the University line Royally.

There is no stop right in front of TSU. UH Gets two stops on the University/ Blue line and two on the SE/ Purple line, but the TSU stop is like 3 blocks from Campus. ST Thomas also gets a stop on the University line and of course Rice and UH Downtown has stops on the Red/ Main line.

I still don't think they have decided whether or not they will make the uptown line a continuous loop with the University line. That would be a plus rather than transferring.

This is the latest map:
http://www.ctchouston.org/blogs/christof/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/metro2012diagram_09-31.pdf (broken link)
When it comes to mass transit, Houston has no idea how to be a big city. They are stuck 50 years behind the times. Smaller cities such as Portland, Baltimore, Seattle, Boston, Denver and even Salt Lake City put Houston to shame. Houston should really follow how the mass transit of southern Connecticut and Northern New Jersey flow into Manhattan. That is how people from Harris County and Fort Bend County should flow into Houston. Houston could actually be greatly improved if there was full rail service from downtown to the burbs and heavy inner city lines. Imagine going to from downtown, to the Galleria, to Rice Village to Montrose all on the rail. Houston would be so much more travel and commute friendly. Houston will actually feel like a city instead of a big suburb with tall buildings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston