Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 05:49 PM

17,384 posts, read 11,893,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
Please provide video.
I have a hard time believing there were " a lot of black people marching right along with everyone else".
These are the same people who shouted racial slurs at members of Congress and then later denied doing so.
What a bunch of bull. It's more a case of NO racial slurs being shouted, and the people that made the accusations backing down on the accusation.

Do you have proof of the person(s) that shouted the slurs then denied doing it? There were 100 cameras and recording devices there, and NOT ONE recorded a racial slur being yelled. What do you make of that?

Old 04-16-2010, 05:50 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,579,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Some people want less govt. Most people want more govt. I want no govt.

You might enjoy Somalia then...

Old 04-16-2010, 06:12 PM

1,474 posts, read 4,975,921 times
Quote:
Some people want less govt. Most people want more govt. I want no govt.
We know thats what you want but I dont think you understand what that really means.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:13 PM

15,218 posts, read 30,415,301 times
If you want no government, Somalia might be your cup of tea. If you want big government, North Korea might be to your liking.

I suspect somewhere not here or there, but in between, is the place to be.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:27 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,502,858 times
I hope all you Tea Party attendees were also protesting our politicians trying to save NASA. After all, this is a government funded entity.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:34 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,524,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveArmy View Post
We know thats what you want but I dont think you understand what that really means.
It could mean FREEDOM but I guess I am wrong. Think how nice it might be without your govt raping, pillaging and extorting yours and my hard earned money so they can give it away to countries who hate every cell in our bodies, give it away to wars we do not believe in, sending it to the moon where no life exists, filling the their own pockets with OUR money...and you and I have no say. None.

Abolish all government. Organize business people to run the country. There are leaders in this world and there are followers. Followers will always enjoy some one taking their money and telling them what to do. That ain't me.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:40 PM

15,218 posts, read 30,415,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I hope all you Tea Party attendees were also protesting our politicians trying to save NASA. After all, this is a government funded entity.
The Houston Ship Channel was also a federally funded project.

Between that and NASA - which came here as a result of pure Texan political clout in DC - might say Uncle Sam had more than just a little hand in making Houston something other than just another Southeast Texas backwater. Don't tell that to some of these people though...

Old 04-16-2010, 08:12 PM

940 posts, read 1,892,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
Of course you would look for the extreme in order to make your point.
It's funny how [mod edit - offensive] have all this extra time to hold rallies and tell everyone how awful Obama is.
Shouldn't they be working???
Oh that's right, a lot of them don't have jobs.
Maybe if they had gone to school and worked hard instead of blaming all their problems on 'Big Government' their lives wouldn't be so miserable.
Also, liberals in this country on average are more educated than conservatives, everyone knows that....look it up.
Yes, yes, yes, a real trick of an argument because when I graduated from Vanderbilt, I was superliberal as anyone this side of radical. Guess why? Could the Vanderbilt echo chamber have had something to do with it? A couple of decades in the real world cured me of the "higher education" into the base, narcissistic, and debased lifestyle and the thinking that goes with that superliberal outlook. I have an MSEE from UT Austin and see through your type of thinking, I've been there.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:58 PM

1,474 posts, read 4,975,921 times
Quote:
It could mean FREEDOM but I guess I am wrong. Think how nice it might be without your govt raping, pillaging and extorting yours and my hard earned money so they can give it away to countries who hate every cell in our bodies, give it away to wars we do not believe in, sending it to the moon where no life exists, filling the their own pockets with OUR money...and you and I have no say. None.

Abolish all government. Organize business people to run the country. There are leaders in this world and there are followers. Followers will always enjoy some one taking their money and telling them what to do. That ain't me.
Sure we definitely want that. what kind of currency do you think we'll have in this zero-government scenario?

Old 04-17-2010, 02:24 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,707,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian807 View Post
Caring about your country is NOT the same thing as having a clue.

Many of the same who want less government intrusion in our lives are quite happy to have the government intrude on decisions regarding abortion, the gender of one's spouse, and personal use of drugs that aren't on the approved list.

Some would like mandatory daily prayers to a Christian God in our schools. Certainly no government interference there, unless you're an athiest, Muslim, Buddhist or perhaps even some unapproved sect of Christianity (Mormonism, anyone?).

Many of the would like smaller government and less taxes - as long as it doesn't interfere with their medicaire or social security, which we ALL pay into.

Logical consistency doesn't appear to be their strongest suit.

From the outside, the group looked like a bunch of people who like to get riled up, not people who like to solve real life problems over the course of years. That's left to the bureaucrats that so many teabaggers revile

You forgot to add [offensive] also have a low voter turnout rate

http://www.texastribune.org/stories/...r/03/weak-tea/
"I've never seen these people before. They're not the Chamber people. They're not the normal contributors to the community. The Tea Party people were just out for a scalp on a stick"

Last edited by Oildog; 04-17-2010 at 10:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston