Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 12:58 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
You must not know much about marijuana. Because, this doesn't make any sense at all. I've driven stoned before, and I concentrate much better. Things move slower. They even had a study of this in London. They had a guy drive around one of those courses they test new cars in, sober and then after smoking. Guess which score was higher (pun intended)?

What probably happened with that girl is the pot made her stupid sleepy.

People need to stop trying to put pot in the same category has tobacco, alcohol, and prescription drugs. Hell, prescription drugs are the WORST for you. Their side effects are horrible, and that's why its a hard time making pot legal. CVS and Walgreens aren't having that. What the hell are their pharmacists going to do?
As to what I bolded....

Drunks say the same thing....

I know, why because I was one....

And I have smoked pot in my younger days and yes it will alter the mind just as much as drinking.... I"'ve been down both roads so don't try bull****ting me....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 01:24 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,657,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
As to what I bolded....

Drunks say the same thing....

I know, why because I was one....

And I have smoked pot in my younger days and yes it will alter the mind just as much as drinking.... I"'ve been down both roads so don't try bull****ting me....
Alter your mind as much as drinking? Sorry, but you sound incredibly inexperienced and horribly misled. Don't talk about things you know nothing about.

Drinking is incredibly different. If you think marijuana makes you reach anything near the level of inebriation you achieve from drinking then you obviously have absolutely no experience with the stuff and need to hush.

Driving and Marijuana
University Of Toronto Study Shows Marijuana Not A Factor In Driving Accidents
Does Marijuana Impair Driving? (http://ezinearticles.com/?Does-Marijuana-Impair-Driving?&id=1550088 - broken link)
Effects of THC on driving performance, physiologic... [Accid Anal Prev. 2008] - PubMed result

Even with that information, though, I have a feeling that you're still going to continue spreading misinformation.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:28 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
Maybe we should try something like that Sheriff (Joe Arpaio) in Arizona has done and set up a tent city for the inmates. Put them in pink jumpsuits and let them spend their days resolving never to return.
Maybe then we will be able to use the overfill crowd and clean up all the trash in the city

Old 04-19-2010, 05:24 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,707,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
So if we leave the driving part out, what do you think of it?

I'll tell you something - if I smoke, the LAST thing I feel like doing is driving a car. Waste of a good buzz.

If you leave out the driving part, I'm totally fine with it. Really. It's nobody elses business as long as the person isn't bothering or hurting anyone else.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:48 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
If you leave out the driving part, I'm totally fine with it. Really. It's nobody elses business as long as the person isn't bothering or hurting anyone else.
Right. I'm with that. It's about responsibility.

Driving of course is a privilege, and privileges can be taken away from people who do not exercise them responsibly. "I was stoned" is not an excuse. It's simply a guilty plea. You're on the hook for your actions. For that purpose, it's moot whether it's legal or not.

People drive while texting or talking on cellphones, and it's been shown to be more dangerous than being under the influence of any substance. But if the government came up and said they were making cellphones and all the other gadgets that people commonly use behind the wheel, we'd have mass rioting nationwide. Or then there are people who read while driving, which is also irresponsible. We haven't banned books, magazines or newspapers though.

What should be banned, if anything, is irresponsible drivers. Take their drivers license and hand them a METRO card. That'll help us gain something out of our investment in public transportation, whether any one of us personally uses it or not.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:54 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,657,391 times
I wouldn't be opposed to taking the licenses of irresponsible drivers away forever.

It angers me when you hear about a drunk who ran over an old lady and that he had 3 previous DWI convictions, but still had a license and legal vehicle.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:58 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorplaxy View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to taking the licenses of irresponsible drivers away forever.

It angers me when you hear about a drunk who ran over an old lady and that he had 3 previous DWI convictions, but still had a license and legal vehicle.
See, that's got to go.

There need to be cells ready to house people like this.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:59 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
See, that's got to go.

There need to be cells ready to house people like this.
Clear out the jails of minor substance users - and there would be plenty of room.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:49 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Public stocks for minor offenders.

With that said, lets keep this thread on jail overcrowding, rather than the effects of drugs. Happy 420 Day to those who celebrate.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:18 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times
Here's the latest Harris County Jail closures effecting sheriff's deputy protection | khou.com | Khou.com - News, Houston news, Texas News, Headlines

"We are beyond the limit. We are stretched way beyond the limit," says Bob Goerlitz, the president of the Harris County Sheriffs Deputies Organization, "It is going to create more of a danger for the public."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: