Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 07:32 AM

739 posts, read 2,262,041 times

Advertisements

I don't see why they would move the hub to chicago. Continental is useless anyway they charge for everything and they are mean. Southwest is easier to use and so is Hobby field. The only airplane continental has that I will get on are the Embraer RJ145's. On their 737's people knock you in the head with their luggage. The employees at IAH are also mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 08:43 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
I don't see why they would move the hub to chicago. Continental is useless anyway they charge for everything and they are mean. Southwest is easier to use and so is Hobby field. The only airplane continental has that I will get on are the Embraer RJ145's. On their 737's people knock you in the head with their luggage. The employees at IAH are also mean.
United isnt moving the IAH hub to Chicago, just the HQ. It wont affect the flights at all.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:10 PM

5 posts, read 8,146 times
I did not mean to be an interloper here jcash. I read this thread with great interest and wanted to set the record straight about facts about both cities that had been mentioned. If you wish to comment on this or explain why my statements are without merit please PM me and we can discuss it. Thanks to others here who understood what I was trying to say. I am, incidently, coming to Houston tomorrow for a few days and, as always, am looking forward to it.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:26 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchiguy1 View Post
I did not mean to be an interloper here jcash. I read this thread with great interest and wanted to set the record straight about facts about both cities that had been mentioned. If you wish to comment on this or explain why my statements are without merit please PM me and we can discuss it. Thanks to others here who understood what I was trying to say. I am, incidently, coming to Houston tomorrow for a few days and, as always, am looking forward to it.
Let me know if you want to know some Houston hot spots and such if you're interested in viewing the city.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:14 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
When i first began to read your post, i thought you were actually about to add something meaningful to the discussion. I ended up pretty disappointed.
Well he's right. Chicago was chosen for the exact reasons he made. Houston is simply not there yet. It may not be what you want to hear. But it's the truth. Why do you think Citgo moved their operations from Tulsa to Houston and how do you think Tulsa is taking it.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:17 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
But, I think there is a bigger difference between Houston and Tulsa than Houston and Chicago.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Well he's right. Chicago was chosen for the exact reasons he made. Houston is simply not there yet. It may not be what you want to hear. But it's the truth. Why do you think Citgo moved their operations from Tulsa to Houston and how do you think Tulsa is taking it.
Same with Boeing from Seattle to Chicago.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:39 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
And Waste Management from Chicago to Houston...

Oh wait!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:47 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
But, I think there is a bigger difference between Houston and Tulsa than Houston and Chicago.
Understandable. But it does not disprove my point. Tulsa will most likely never been where Houston is at now. But Houston currently does not offer as much as Chicago does right now.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Understandable. But it does not disprove my point. Tulsa will most likely never been where Houston is at now. But Houston currently does not offer as much as Chicago does right now.
Houston's good, real good. It would be on the same business tier with Seattle, Dallas, Atlanta, Boston, and Philadelphia. All of them would be a tier ahead of LA and Miami (which is struggling to diversify it's economy), but would still be a tier below Chicago (5th largest financial center in the world) and NYC.

We're getting there though, no doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston