Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 04:20 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,765,578 times

Advertisements

Wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 08:26 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier1774 View Post
1) illegal aliens use more government resources funded by American legal Tax payers than that pay for in sales taxes. Look at the schools, the ER's, and the hospital beds. it is even worse in cities closer to the border.
Are you sure? Nobody has ever done a study on this. Your statement is nothing but speculation.

Quote:
2) If I am unemployed today, I will have 5 jobs waiting. If the field completely changes, I will find some thing to do. I am 99% sure we do not employee any illegal. Everyone that works for me also speaks English.
So in other words, Mexicans aren't really taking jobs away from you as you have plenty of options.

Quote:
3) What cost. simple. put the measure to repeal the 14th on the ballots of each state and have the American voters decide. This "anchor baby" law was removed from, Canada, UK, Norway, Switzerland, Belgium, and many other countries.
That would cost a lot of taxpayer money. Referendums are not free.

Quote:
Illegal immigration hurts those who have done things the right way. The thing people cant get through their !@#$%^ heads is when you cross the border illegally it is a crime? Why not just over look the crime of Theft or Shoplifting? does it really hurt anyone is that the argument?
Of course it's a crime. Stealing bread from a store is a crime. This doesn't take away from the fact that the thief may have no other options and might starve to death otherwise. When people have no other options, they will risk their lives and break the law. In my opinion, that's what so many people cant get through their !@#$%^ minds.

If more people would look at this issue as a humanitarian issue as opposed to purely breaking the law, much more progress would be made. Keep in mind also that today's anchor babies are tomorrow's voters. Arizona Republicans are going to learn that lesson in November.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:33 AM

33 posts, read 22,590 times
usc619 seems to be one of the few real and proud Americans here..

LOL tax revenue... like the government cares about that. The government barely gets taxes from the regular people. So it is probably the same with the sales tax. And tourists pay sales tax too...I guess we should make them citizens???

And CBR has never been to Mexico it seems. I already said that Mexico is not a third world country.. you will not die there.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:49 AM

116 posts, read 280,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imforit View Post
usc619 seems to be one of the few real and proud Americans here..
I am reminded of Sarah Palin and the "real Americans". This type of divisiveness is not helping America, but harming it.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:52 AM

92 posts, read 145,699 times
Oh.

Last edited by lame_excuse; 05-08-2010 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: My question was already answered.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightsofar View Post
I am reminded of Sarah Palin and the "real Americans". This type of divisiveness is not helping America, but harming it.
Right. Not speaking english and not assimilating is helping...!!

Old 05-08-2010, 01:34 PM

116 posts, read 280,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imforit View Post
Right. Not speaking english and not assimilating is helping...!!
I happen to agree about the necessary assimilation and speaking English. I just can't relate to the extreme hatred that has shown up on this thread.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
I happen to agree about the necessary assimilation and speaking English. I just can't relate to the extreme hatred that has shown up on this thread.
Not sure if I would call it hate, but I do call it desperation... Nobody cares and nobody does anything. Will turn into hate after a while..... sure.. Can't blame anybody for this.... show me one country that will accept this. There are not many countries.

Quote:
She didn't comment on you lack of life experience, I did. I think you are getting too excited here on the forum and need to slow down and read who wrote what , instead of instantly going off into a self-rightous rage.

Last edited by Imforit; 05-09-2010 at 07:12 AM.. Reason: wrong thread...

Old 05-09-2010, 11:07 AM

50 posts, read 154,086 times
I did not read all these pages. IMO. This law isn't that bad, you should have your ID on you anyways right? whats the big deal about carrying a couple extra papers with you? If you get stopped for a traffic violation and you don't have your license you get a ticket. Anyone who doesn't look 21 has to show proof of ID anytime they want to buy alcohol. Really its just an ID/papers, whats so bad about having them.. You'll lose three minutes of your time each time it happens... If you were continuously harassed by police, then yes, this law would not work. But, hey, what the heck. Why not give it a try? If it works the nation becomes a stronger, safer, more independent place. If it doesn't repeal the laws and start over.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:19 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,990,094 times
I don't think in principle that it is a bad law. And no, home depot isn't an accurate gauge of whether we have an illegal immigration problem -- but it is evident that we do. And if isn't controlled at the borders, then it comes down to these types of laws. What does bother me is when these laws split up families (like those who have children born here who are American citizens - but then you have the problem of people sneaking across to have their kids here as a hope for fast path to citizenship). While many who come here are seeking a better life -- we get the criminal element and that is what tends to stir everyone up against illegal immigrants - even the hardworking illegal families are opposed to the illegal criminals - they are trying to get away from that element themselves. Our borders aren't controlled and its more than illegal immigrants from Mexico crossing - it is also would-be terrorists who have found an easy access point into our country as well. What bothers me as well is that we allow (or lets say conveniently turn the other way) and let illegal citizens serve in our military - go to our universities (spend their money) but yet employers are not allowed to recognize their education because they are illegal. Is that really right? But I guess govt and universities assume they'll get a U.S. education and return to their own countries to utilize it? Our laws contradict each other which makes the entire situation worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: