Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2016, 07:03 PM

4,934 posts, read 8,881,587 times

Advertisements

I think the sign actually lists all businesses located at Kinetic Park. There are only 6 businesses on the lower level including Taco Bell. There were definitely more than 6 businesses listed on the sign when I drove by earlier. The funny thing about listing Taco Bell first, they haven't even started moving dirt yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 08:27 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,405,412 times
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1344050037

Time to start the speculation!

Old 10-07-2016, 08:50 PM

I keep getting a content not found message. What was it?

Old 10-07-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
I keep getting a content not found message. What was it?
Sorry. I didn't know if I could link it from my phone or not. Nate Randolph (of Edward Tucker Associates) posted: "Not a bad start to Friday when you get notified you've been award the largest job in your firm's history."

Later, in the comments and referencing a request for more info, he said: "Not to be coy but any project specific information should probably come from the public institution who is awarding the job. I'd like to give more detail but I'm sure their Communications Department would want to make formal announcements."

Old 10-07-2016, 10:03 PM

Hmm. My first thought would be Marshall and the Morris Building but Edward Tucker did the Marshall VAC and that building is bigger than the Morris Building. I wonder if they are doing something with the Coal Exchange Building? If so, that would be great!

Old 10-07-2016, 11:00 PM

Whatever it is, it is tied to a public entity (likely Marshall or the City) and is larger than the Visual Arts Center or the Forensics Building. If it was the City, it would have to be in conjunction with the Riverfront, the Brownfields properties, or Northcott, and none of which are far enough along, IMO (although they did to the very conceptual renderings for the PolyTeCH center for the HIP plan). My money would be on Marshall and some downtown development, whether the Morris Building, the CXB, or one of the parking lots. Keep in mind that the rehab of the Morris Building is likely more expensive than the VAC due to the smoke/water damage.

Edit - Another possibility is the build-out of the Byrd Clinical Center. Marshall put out an RFP months ago for a new academic and residential building over the current parking lot, with underground parking. This would continue to house the medical school as well as bringing the school of pharmacy there. However, I think ETA had a hand in helping to develop the RFP, so that would likely be a conflict of interest, no? Unless the University had a conditional contract with the firm that would come into effect upon selection of a construction company? Just another possibility.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:37 PM

Stating public entity rather than governmental entity would make me lean more toward Marshall. The fire damage at the Morris Building might make it more expensive than the VAC but they pretty much had to gut the VAC and build a new elevator shaft there so I'm not sure about that. My money would be either on the Coal Exchange Building or a brand new building somewhere. Let's not forget that Marshall was supposed to redevelop the Husson's Pizza building in the near future too. Hopefully we hear something soon!

Old 10-08-2016, 08:40 AM

So, narrowing it down, it looks like it could be the Husson's building, a downtown property (Morris Building, CXB, new construction), or the medical campus. I think the first one has been dormant ever since the MU Master Plan came out, so I wouldn't bet on that. There have been rumors of MU doing something else downtown, so that's a real possibility. It would qualify as quite a large project if it were any of the aforementioned properties. But my money's still on the BCC area. The RFQ sent out in January/February was to short list prospective firms. After that, the RFQ had initially scheduled a date of final selection for June, but with the addendum and negotiations in general, I could see that dragging on for a few more months. Add to that the fact that, really out of the blue, the DOH has started investigating alternatives for the Columbia/13th intersection for pedestrian safety. Yes, that's been an issue for a while, but it is the direct link between the BCC and CHH and the timing does help the theory a little.

Either way, though, it does look as though Marshall wants to both build out the BCC area and increase it's presence in downtown, so whatever this project turns out to be, there's still a good chance that we'll be talking about the other one in due time!

Old 10-13-2016, 08:14 AM

Brand Yourself moving to a larger space in Heritage Station; Kenzington Alley to open soon as well.

Business beat: Brand Yourself getting new look, new shop | Business | herald-dispatch.com

www.facebook.com/brandyourselfwv

Quote:
Morley said she and her husband are originally from the U.K. and she is hoping to bring the feel of an English Garden to her new boutique shop.

"Kenzington Alley was born after we tested the waters with some inventory from the U.K. last year," she said. "After we found some interest existed we began the process of making my dream into a reality. Around 80 percent of our inventory comes from abroad. ... We will carry women's clothing, accessories, shoes, and even some bath and beauty products. Also, lots of florals.
https://www.facebook.com/kenzingtonalley/

Old 10-21-2016, 06:38 PM

I noticed today that there was some work going on in the former Wesvanawha building on 4th Ave and the For Sale sign was down. If this gets a makeover and the Morris Building undergoes some renovations, that block of 4th Ave will be looking much better.

In other news, I saw that Family Court was taking the 2nd and 3rd floors of the former BW3s building. That seems to make it a little more likely that the bottom space wont be retail or restaurant space.

Commission approves lease for new Family Court location | News | herald-dispatch.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington