Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 01:19 PM

530 posts, read 589,468 times

Advertisements

Tropical Moon frozen yogurt in downtown Huntington is closing. I had noticed it looked like the one at Merritt's Creek Plaza had closed as well.

Frozen yogurt shop to close its doors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 02:19 PM

251 posts, read 260,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
Tropical Moon frozen yogurt in downtown Huntington is closing. I had noticed it looked like the one at Merritt's Creek Plaza had closed as well.

Frozen yogurt shop to close its doors
No surprise. They were just too far from the Pullman Sq foot traffic. Unfortunately there just isn't enough going on on 4th Avenue for places like that to survive.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:21 AM

530 posts, read 589,468 times
Well, unfortunately looks like Taco Bell at KineticPark is still a go and they should be "starting construction soon" and that "no plans have changed." They have been saying this for a very long time so we will see. I sure was hoping the deal had collapsed so maybe we could get something much better. The reason given for why they removed Taco Bell from the top slot on the sign is likely disingenuous; I would say they faced a bit of pressure and backlash for placing Taco Bell at the very top of a sign for what is supposed to be a TECHNOLOGY park.

Business beat: Tudor's Biscuit World on 20th Street celebrates 20th anniversary | Business | herald-dispatch.com

Old 04-20-2017, 09:15 AM

4,954 posts, read 8,950,320 times
That's interesting about Taco Bell.

Some more great news, the 5th Ave Kroger is undergoing a $2.6 million renovation. Let's hope it's as big as it sounds!

Huntington Kroger to undergo multi-million dollar remodel

Old 04-20-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
That's interesting about Taco Bell.

Some more great news, the 5th Ave Kroger is undergoing a $2.6 million renovation. Let's hope it's as big as it sounds!

Huntington Kroger to undergo multi-million dollar remodel
That's some big time renovation. 2 Gucci Krogers in the area will be nice.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:39 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,150,035 times
I would assume that along with the renovations that this Kroger will also start offering the online ordering and pick up service too.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:38 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,950,320 times
Hopefully the renovations will allow this Kroger to start offering the online ordering. That would be a good addition.

In other news, the Downtown Huntington Facebook page is reporting construction and permits up at the old Unos in Pullman Square. Comments seem to confirm that the Blacksheep owners have at least something to do with this. Time will tell in what capacity.

Brick and Brews has also now opened on 4th Ave. It looks like a pretty good addition. I believe these are the former Z-Brick Oven Pizza owners.

https://www.facebook.com/brickandbrewhuntington

In tri-state news, 200 industrial jobs are coming to Ironton. While not Huntington proper, this is good news for the tri-state indeed.

UPDATE: Carbon finishing plant expected to bring 200 jobs to Ironton

Last edited by tbailey1138; 04-20-2017 at 07:05 PM..

Old 04-20-2017, 07:28 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,094 times
Awesome news all around. I'd love to see more industrial recycling/reclaimed raw material processing ventures in the area. I feel like that could be a good niche to develop, especially in light of the Heartland Intermodal Gateway and other transportation assets we have here.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:49 PM

73 posts, read 83,512 times
Black Sheep is moo-ving (cow joke) to the Pullman space. They'll retain the lease at the campus location for another concept.

Re: Tropical Moon-"They were just too far from the Pullman Sq foot traffic." Although the are closing for many different reasons, this statement is so true, and so hearbreaking. It's ONE effing BLOCK. #lazyhuntington

Summit is taking apps for the new 9th st. space.

Spaces are being cleaned out and spruced up in the Frederick in an effort to attract some retail rental business. Good luck; terrible landlord.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:24 AM

Seriously? Black Sheep is moving away from campus? That sucks considering I work right across the street on campus and go there at least once a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington