Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2018, 06:32 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,096 times

Advertisements

That’s awesome. I love me some Grindstone. Is that located near Davis Place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 07:34 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,952,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
That’s awesome. I love me some Grindstone. Is that located near Davis Place?
Yep, almost right across the street. They took the old Sam's Hot Dog Stand/Chili Dog Company building. They hope to add some outdoor seating once the weather warms up.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:57 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Yep, almost right across the street. They took the old Sam's Hot Dog Stand/Chili Dog Company building. They hope to add some outdoor seating once the weather warms up.
Awesome
I’ll spread the word in the office. I’m sure they will support it in droves. Grindstone truck schedules stops at our office a couple of times a week.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:41 PM

Nice write up about Grindstone's new location and the new Merle Norman downtown. Interesting fact about the new Merle Norman, it actually moved from the mall TO downtown!

Business Beat: Grindstone Coffeeology opens brick and mortar site on 8th Street | Business | herald-dispatch.com

Looks like the New River Train might still be a go:

Meeting set with Amtrak over West Virginia's New River Train | Ap Region | herald-dispatch.com

RCBI at MU wanting to establish an aircraft maintenance, repair and operations facility at Tri-State Airport:

Quote:
"The MRO study and RCBIAero are just two recent aerospace announcements in our region," Weber said. "The formation of the Appalachian Sky group, a feasibility study by the Huntington Area Development Council confirming the region is well positioned to support and expand the aerospace industry, and the announcement of a $1.3 billion aviation-grade aluminum plant in eastern Kentucky are crucial developments in our effort to expand the Tri-State's aerospace footprint."
Business news in brief | Business | herald-dispatch.com

Old 04-27-2018, 05:57 AM

CoWorks, a flexible work space for entrepreneurs, is opening next month downtown. From their website:

Quote:
CoWorks is a business hub that fills a need for lower cost office space in the city, while also providing a networking location where like-minded entrepreneurs may collaborate towards further building out the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Huntington.
https://www.coworkswv.com/

Old 05-02-2018, 04:53 PM

Bottled Up to open at The Market:

BREW NEWS: The Market opens craft beer/wine shop Bottled Up, and brew fest season begins | Recent News | herald-dispatch.com

New River Train to continue:

Manchin says agreement reached to continue New River Train service | Recent News | herald-dispatch.com

Old 05-03-2018, 02:08 PM

251 posts, read 260,375 times
What's the update on the rest of the places in The Market? What about the Native American taco place?

Also...any updates on Popeye's in Barboursville? I'm sure craving some spicy shrimp.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:09 PM

Hip Eagle looks like it will be open in the next week or two. Fuel Counter looks like it will open in the next 2-3 weeks as does Tulsi. Someone said the other day that they heard the Native American Taco place was behind for some reason. They haven't even really started working on the place I'm assuming that it will go. Hopefully it's still going to happen.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:45 PM

530 posts, read 589,468 times
Still haven’t heard any additional updates on Popeyes. Was hoping it would have been completed by now considering it was announced over a year ago. The HD Business reporter was under the impression that they had plans to start construction this summer.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
Still haven’t heard any additional updates on Popeyes. Was hoping it would have been completed by now considering it was announced over a year ago. The HD Business reporter was under the impression that they had plans to start construction this summer.
The building on the property where it was supposed to go is still boarded up but hasn't come down yet. I'm not sure what the hold up is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington