Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2018, 03:22 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,051,770 times

Advertisements

I like Waffle House. But won’t this make two locations just a few miles apart?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 03:24 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,126,503 times
At least it's not another mattress store. Or cell phone retailer. Or a tanning booth.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:10 PM

530 posts, read 585,226 times
I guess it will be the only Waffle House in Barboursville but there is one a few miles down the road off US 60 in Huntington near Jolly Pirate. It just gets so frustrating that we literally can’t get new places around here. It’s always the same old things or at least duplicates of things we already have like Waffle House. Just gets old. Certainly not something I will miss when I move away from here.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:00 AM

1,380 posts, read 2,487,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
I guess it will be the only Waffle House in Barboursville but there is one a few miles down the road off US 60 in Huntington near Jolly Pirate. It just gets so frustrating that we literally can’t get new places around here. It’s always the same old things or at least duplicates of things we already have like Waffle House. Just gets old. Certainly not something I will miss when I move away from here.
This is true across all of West Virginia. Even the booming eastern panhandle.

Old 09-07-2018, 11:03 AM

251 posts, read 258,268 times
I travel quite a bit...I think it's pretty true just about everywhere that is not a large city. Seems like you have to live in a city of at least 300K to get the attention of many businesses.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Pretty good business update in the paper today. If only they could be like this more often.

I thought the old BB&T building would sit forever. Hopefully this new venture there happens. As for the old Hardee’s in B’ville, I saw some Bojangles signs on their property the other day. Not sure if they are taking the location or just advertising.

Business Beat: New Arora Grill & Cafe opens in downtown Huntington | Business | herald-dispatch.com
While driving down Rt. 60 this morning, the traffic was light enough that I was able to slow down and look at the Bojangles signs on the old Hardee's property. They are just ads for the location on Rt. 60 in East Huntington, next to Wal-Mart.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
I like Waffle House. But won’t this make two locations just a few miles apart?
I'd say it's around 6 or 7 miles between the locations.

While I don't want to see another Waffle House location, the company building another location in the area is no different than having multiple McDonald's or Wendy's or Subway locations in the area.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:33 AM

44 posts, read 49,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
I'd say it's around 6 or 7 miles between the locations.

While I don't want to see another Waffle House location, the company building another location in the area is no different than having multiple McDonald's or Wendy's or Subway locations in the area.
I really don't understand why people get so mad over "another Sheetz" or "another Waffle House" or whatever. Who cares? It's not like an upscale retailer is being prohibited from opening a location locally because these other retailers are opening multiple locations. It's commerce and I'm glad they're doing well enough at their other location(s) that they want to continue to invest in the area.

Old 09-10-2018, 07:56 PM

4,934 posts, read 8,881,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
While driving down Rt. 60 this morning, the traffic was light enough that I was able to slow down and look at the Bojangles signs on the old Hardee's property. They are just ads for the location on Rt. 60 in East Huntington, next to Wal-Mart.
It'd be a good location for them. Seems like Hardee's is going the way of Shoney's, Sears, K-Mart, Etc.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:05 PM

251 posts, read 258,268 times
A friends just posted that a Dunkin Donuts is going in where the 7-11 used to be on 5th Avenue across from Marshall. I wish Marshall had grabbed that property but that will be a prime location for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington