Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2015, 02:44 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,405,216 times

Advertisements

Backyard, Peddler returning to Huntington | The Herald-Dispatch

AAHHHH!!!!! This sounds amazing!

Recap:
  • The building in question is on 3rd Ave., just west of the Hall of Fame Cafe
  • Backyard Pizza will open before the fall, with the Peddler soon thereafter
  • And it'll be more than just the Peddler. It'll be the Peddler Brewing Company. That's right. Brewpub.
  • They'll also have an arcade and a rooftop garden complete with a greenhouse, where they will grow ingredients used on-site, including hops for the beer!
  • The buildings on down the block are also slated for renovations to including living and retail!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 04:23 PM

4,934 posts, read 8,881,587 times
That does sound like the wait for them to reopen will be well worth it. I wonder what the full plans are for the other buildings being developed by ReMax and Allied Realty? Could that block of 3rd Ave become the brewery district? It'll also be interesting to see what the plans are for living space and retail. So much good stuff going on right now!

Old 03-18-2015, 04:49 PM

3 posts, read 3,228 times
Cannot wait for the fall, I am pumped to see that the peddler will be a brewery as well!

Old 03-19-2015, 02:45 PM

10,147 posts, read 14,971,629 times
That is great. I love the craft beers. I'm sure their brews will be available in Morgantown too, and I look forward to trying them. We're getting some wonderful craft breweries all over our state.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:49 PM

530 posts, read 585,145 times
I drove by Walmart on Rt. 60 today and noticed that it appears a significant amount of construction is going on in front of the store. I know they had done some site prep work there a couple of years ago with hopes of building perhaps a strip-style shopping center? Not sure how that would involve the apparent construction on both sides of the road leading up to Walmart? Any information?

Old 03-20-2015, 10:21 PM

44 posts, read 49,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
I drove by Walmart on Rt. 60 today and noticed that it appears a significant amount of construction is going on in front of the store. I know they had done some site prep work there a couple of years ago with hopes of building perhaps a strip-style shopping center? Not sure how that would involve the apparent construction on both sides of the road leading up to Walmart? Any information?
Taco Bell and a gas station.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:51 PM

I am disappointed to hear that, especially with there already being a Taco Bell just a few miles from there at the 29th Street exit. Plus, with the announcement that Taco Bell would build at KineticPark, I was certainly hoping for something else. Also, the need, or lack thereof, for another gas station, goes without saying. Regardless, thanks for the information, murox!

Old 03-22-2015, 06:59 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,405,216 times
If you haven't noticed yet, Simply Whisk is closing their store. The owner wants to focus on her other business, Mug and Pia. Hopefully that space doesn't stay vacant for long.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:29 AM

Noticed demolition is ongoing at the far end of the now closed Stadium Bookstore. I would assume this is still going to make way for the construction of a new CVS pharmacy? I still do not know what the plans are for the CVS pharmacy currently located at the corner of 20th St. and 8th Ave.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:03 PM

941 posts, read 1,346,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
Noticed demolition is ongoing at the far end of the now closed Stadium Bookstore. I would assume this is still going to make way for the construction of a new CVS pharmacy? I still do not know what the plans are for the CVS pharmacy currently located at the corner of 20th St. and 8th Ave.
Does anyone know if this will be an urban designed CVS or another one just like they have down the road?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington