Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 05:12 PM

27 posts, read 46,987 times

Advertisements

I was born here in Huntington.
I have been all over, and I am frankly tired of WV getting the butt of all jokes.
READ THIS.

New Study Reveals Best And Worst States To Live In America

I totally just happened upon this article.. but I HAD to share this with everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 05:23 PM

6,077 posts, read 9,104,352 times
I guess somebody has to be last, I would never put us last, but I'm sure the negative stats on our state don't help.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:41 PM

Yea... I know. lol
I really don't want to knock other places, but I have been around.. and trust me, there ARE worse places.
But yea, the actual numbers make the difference.
But you make a good point... Some state has to be "last"..lol

HEY! NICE GUYS FINISH LAST! RIGHT? LOL

Old 01-05-2013, 06:37 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,875,345 times
Trust me it could be worse, WV could be rated one of the best states to live and have people flood into it, destroying the local culture and ruining the envirnoment.

Seriously go to the Montana or Oregon forum and ask them how much they like their good reputation and all the people it brings.

WV being a good place to live is a secret, one that should be kept.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:26 PM

1,342 posts, read 3,245,632 times
West Virginia probably lost points in the poll because you have to catch your own sushi.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Trust me it could be worse, WV could be rated one of the best states to live and have people flood into it, destroying the local culture and ruining the envirnoment.

Seriously go to the Montana or Oregon forum and ask them how much they like their good reputation and all the people it brings.

WV being a good place to live is a secret, one that should be kept.

I like that!

Old 01-06-2013, 02:00 PM

747 posts, read 1,682,361 times
I can actually see why WV would be one of the worst states to live in and to tbh it probably is the worst state to live in. However i'm not sure I agree with the best states to live in with the exception of Hawaii. My opinion on top states to live in:

1. Hawaii
2. Flordia
3. South Carolina
4. California (In particular So. Cal.)

The worst in my opinion

1. West Virginia
2. Any northern state that gets feet of snow, or has a ton of farm land.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:17 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,875,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
I can actually see why WV would be one of the worst states to live in and to tbh it probably is the worst state to live in. However i'm not sure I agree with the best states to live in with the exception of Hawaii. My opinion on top states to live in:

1. Hawaii
2. Flordia
3. South Carolina
4. California (In particular So. Cal.)

The worst in my opinion

1. West Virginia
2. Any northern state that gets feet of snow, or has a ton of farm land.
Florida, seriously? It has the grumpiest most pissed off people I have ever met.

You know snow doesnt make people unhappy. The Nordic countries (Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Denmark) are constantly ranked as some of the happiest places in the world, and they get WAAAAY more snow than anywhere in the US. Nepal is also one of the happiest places in Earth and again full of snow. Snow is often better than heat, you can just put on warmer clothes to be warm. I find that snow is not a problem unless you are a complete wimp.

The south is also way more rural than the North.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:27 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,150,035 times
I have lived in 4 different states and of the four, Ohio was my least favorite.

WV has its positives and negatives, just like every state. Its nice to see in WV that people still seem down to earth, grounded if you will, and that for the most part the cost of living in the state is good. For me, negatives would be not having some major retailers in the state, needing more business/career opportunities and needing more cultural/arts/touring acts.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:33 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Safe places to exercise? Serious? Number of smokers? What does that have to do with how I live? Smokers can't smoke in the vast majority of places a person would go to safely exercise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington