U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2016, 05:42 PM

941 posts, read 1,192,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
Also something to remember, Toyota originally wanted to build their factory inside Cabell County in the Culloden area but the residents were against it being built "in their backyards". Maybe it worked out for the best since the plant is closer to Columbus and the midwest markets but it's fun to think about what could have been.
What's??? Really?!?! Wow thanks NIMBYs
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 05:47 PM

4,571 posts, read 7,764,764 times
If I remember correctly, there was only one person/family that wouldn't sell. Everybody else had already agreed and was ready to move. It was on some land off of Route 60 just past the Milton Flea Market.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
If I remember correctly, there was only one person/family that wouldn't sell. Everybody else had already agreed and was ready to move. It was on some land off of Route 60 just past the Milton Flea Market.
Man, that really drops my morale

Old 04-21-2016, 02:50 PM

A couple of interesting things on the council's agenda:

Huntington City Council Agenda Announced | Huntington News

Looks like there are some improvements in store for the Arena's plaza:
Quote:
6. 2nd Reading of an Ordinance re: AN ORDINANCE OF COUNCIL AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT TO FURNISH LABOR, MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT TO RENOVATE THE BIG SANDY SUPERSTORE ARENA PLAZA AREA
And it looks like there may be some changes coming to the original Riverfront plan. It could be nothing, but maybe we might hear something soon:
Quote:
11. Resolution re: A RESOLUTION OF COUNCIL AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR TO ENTER INTO AN AMENDMENT TO THE LEASE AGREEMENT WITH RIVERWALK, LLC, A WEST VIRGINIA LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY CONCERNING HARRIS RIVERFRONT PARK

Old 04-25-2016, 05:07 PM

530 posts, read 494,487 times
Doesn't look like the Big Sandy Superstore improvements are anything too major. Too bad we can't have something like they are doing to the Charleston Civic Center, that would be amazing!

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/...37dd05ce9.html

Old 04-25-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
Doesn't look like the Big Sandy Superstore improvements are anything too major. Too bad we can't have something like they are doing to the Charleston Civic Center, that would be amazing!

City council to vote on Big Sandy renovations | News | herald-dispatch.com
Yeah that's disappointing, but I'll take our Riverfront project over Charleston's arena improvement any day.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:18 AM

530 posts, read 494,487 times
That is true, the Riverfront project is much more exciting, conceptually, I just hope that they can find a way to accelerate the timeline and get some real funding and investment behind it.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
That is true, the Riverfront project is much more exciting, conceptually, I just hope that they can find a way to accelerate the timeline and get some real funding and investment behind it.
Well I'm not too worried about the funding. They will find it and make it happen. I mean of course faster is better. But the city is legally bound to get it done or face a payment of millions of dollars to Superior Marine.

I guess it's nice to see something so grand be more than a fantasy project.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:23 PM

The Arena Plaza renovation may not be a big project to get excited about but every little bit matters and helps to improve the feel of the city. With the Riverfront project, continued business growth downtown and the projects being worked on through America's Best Communities, I'm excited to see what growth the next 5-10 years will bring!

Old 05-12-2016, 07:44 PM

New 9/11 Memorial coming to Huntington with pieces of rail track from under the WTC being included in it. I haven't heard where the actual memorial will be yet.

World Trade Center steel artifacts coming to Huntington

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/135627
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington