Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2016, 11:08 PM

941 posts, read 1,346,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
New 9/11 Memorial coming to Huntington with pieces of rail track from under the WTC being included in it. I haven't heard where the actual memorial will be yet.

World Trade Center steel artifacts coming to Huntington

Preseason Pullman Concert Will Honor First Responders | Huntington News
I did not realize that this was to be permanent! That's really cool. I feel like they should probably include the family of Paul Ambrose in on this endeavor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 06:48 PM

4,934 posts, read 8,881,587 times
Huntington Named as a 2016 Playful City USA:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...33857096625209

The city is also hoisting a forum about improving housing in the city:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...33857096625209

Old 05-30-2016, 08:56 AM

New Accessible Playground being built at St. Clouds. This will be the first such playground in the state:
All-inclusive playground coming to Huntington, WV - Business, Government Legal News from throughout WV

HADCO looking for new business opportunities:
HADCO continues efforts to diversify economy | Business | herald-dispatch.com

New Housing being built in Fairfield East:
Huntington Council Hears First Reading on Planned Duplex | Huntington News

Old 06-17-2016, 09:47 AM

Heritage Farm is representing WV at the National Week of Making Event coming up the White House.

Heritage Farm to represent WV at National Week of Making event | News | herald-dispatch.com

Old 06-23-2016, 04:59 AM

More info on the new all inclusive playground:

Park district unveils plans for all-inclusive playground | News | herald-dispatch.com

Old 06-27-2016, 08:06 PM

Mayor Williams Receives USCM Grant for West Edge Factory Solar Training | Huntington News

Old 07-04-2016, 04:42 AM

Work progresses to finish emptying the Northcott Court lot:

New senior apartments to open by end of year | News | herald-dispatch.com

Old 07-04-2016, 08:11 AM

530 posts, read 585,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Work progresses to finish emptying the Northcott Court lot:

New senior apartments to open by end of year | News | herald-dispatch.com
Now the question will become, when will we see some concrete plans take shape for redevelopment of the Northcott property? I know we have vague plans floating around as part of the ABC HIP endeavor, but the article states that the demolition of the remaining buildings should be complete in about one year, which to me means, we need to start seeing some plans very soon. This demolition project has already taken entirely too long, so I am hopeful they will have plans in place and will be ready to begin construction as soon as the demolition project is completed.

Old 07-04-2016, 12:04 PM

530 posts, read 585,226 times
Also, I've mentioned this in the past but I would just like to say again how bad a shape our roadway medians are in. I was out and about today and got off I-64 at Exit 15...the medians on US 60 around that exit are absolutely deplorable; overgrown with weeds and crumbling, and given the thousands and thousands of people we have in the area for the Soccer tournament, it quite frankly is very embarrassing. It is certainly not the first impression I would want visitors seeing when exiting the interstate, however the reality is that is the first thing they see and it reeks with disrepair. I've said before I don't know why our city officials cannot get creative to find solutions to this problem...get the local officials, DOH, and garden clubs, volunteers, whoever to come up with a way to make these medians green and better maintained. It's the little things that can make a huge difference and leave a positive impression on visitors to our area.

Old 07-04-2016, 04:39 PM

44 posts, read 49,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
Also, I've mentioned this in the past but I would just like to say again how bad a shape our roadway medians are in. I was out and about today and got off I-64 at Exit 15...the medians on US 60 around that exit are absolutely deplorable; overgrown with weeds and crumbling, and given the thousands and thousands of people we have in the area for the Soccer tournament, it quite frankly is very embarrassing. It is certainly not the first impression I would want visitors seeing when exiting the interstate, however the reality is that is the first thing they see and it reeks with disrepair. I've said before I don't know why our city officials cannot get creative to find solutions to this problem...get the local officials, DOH, and garden clubs, volunteers, whoever to come up with a way to make these medians green and better maintained. It's the little things that can make a huge difference and leave a positive impression on visitors to our area.
The median on Hal Greer coming into town is the same way. And instead of actually addressing the issue (built up dirt and debris at the corner of the median) they just trim the weeds twice a summer. It's pitiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington