Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2019, 04:17 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,952,889 times

Advertisements

The HMDA now has a deal in place to purchase the ACF property. The potential for further development and improvement in the city is huge if the plan all comes to fruition. From the city's Facebook page:

Quote:
"On June 10, the Huntington Municipality Development Authority's Board of Directors authorized HMDA to enter into a puchase-and-sales agreement with ACF Industries to acquire 41.87 acres of property on the north and south sides of 3rd Avenue. We plan to close on the deal this summer, and the agreed purchase price for the property is $3.125 million. Huntington is eager to revitalize these prime properties consistent with the vision outlined in the Huntington Brownfields Innovation (H-BIZ) master plan, which was created with input from the community."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 05:58 PM

HMDA Agrees to purchase ACF property:

https://www.herald-dispatch.com/_rec...ef9862a53.html

Old 06-10-2019, 06:37 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,150,707 times
I really hope this plan becomes reality because the city could really use the boost.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:37 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,483 times
Yes! Finally!

Old 06-11-2019, 06:12 AM

I know, right? The plan will take time but the best part of it is, there already is a plan and lots of partnerships to make it happen. This isn’t like the super block where they just purchased a bunch of property and then hoped for something to come along. They’ve done their due diligence with this and hopefully it all comes together as planned.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:54 AM

194 posts, read 182,161 times
As long as the land prices don't go up until after I move to town, they are already tearing down half the houses I might have wanted to buy.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:11 AM

A little more info:

Quote:
Mayor Williams told WSAZ Monday night that several parties are reaching out to the city including hotel developers and research & development organizations to name a few.
https://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Pl...511110891.html

Old 06-16-2019, 05:18 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,150,707 times
We attended the Huntington Symphony Orchestra show last night at the Harris Riverfront Park. The show itself was great and we enjoyed the music. The Riverfront Park? Not so much. Something has to be done to redevelop the park.

The park has such potential to be something really nice for the area. It could be a great space to host, or help host, most of the downtown events, like the Italian Festival, Hot Dog Festival and with the riverboats back out on the water, a great place for them to dock. Also, the park could be a great performance space for the orchestra and musical acts. If done properly, one would think that the city could revive the long-gone, and forgotten, Tri-State Regatta.

Does anyone know if the train tracks are still used in front of the park? I can't remember the last time I saw a train use those tracks but I'm not in downtown as much as many others. If they're not being used, it's time to rip them up, put in a removable flood wall between 8th and 11th street and open up the area to downtown.

Whatever happened to this plan? https://www.herald-dispatch.com/news...cc8bee960.html Did I miss an updated story or press release? Has Mayor Williams and City Hall given up on that project because they want to only focus on the soon to be ACF project?

Old 06-17-2019, 06:48 AM

632 posts, read 832,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
We attended the Huntington Symphony Orchestra show last night at the Harris Riverfront Park. The show itself was great and we enjoyed the music. The Riverfront Park? Not so much. Something has to be done to redevelop the park.

The park has such potential to be something really nice for the area. It could be a great space to host, or help host, most of the downtown events, like the Italian Festival, Hot Dog Festival and with the riverboats back out on the water, a great place for them to dock. Also, the park could be a great performance space for the orchestra and musical acts. If done properly, one would think that the city could revive the long-gone, and forgotten, Tri-State Regatta.

Does anyone know if the train tracks are still used in front of the park? I can't remember the last time I saw a train use those tracks but I'm not in downtown as much as many others. If they're not being used, it's time to rip them up, put in a removable flood wall between 8th and 11th street and open up the area to downtown.

Whatever happened to this plan? https://www.herald-dispatch.com/news...cc8bee960.html Did I miss an updated story or press release? Has Mayor Williams and City Hall given up on that project because they want to only focus on the soon to be ACF project?
Here's the Master Plan:

http://www.kyovaipc.org/2015_2_21_Ha...nal_Report.pdf

No idea what happened to it. My guess is lack of funding per usual

Old 06-17-2019, 07:12 AM

360 posts, read 1,087,731 times
Drove through the Huntington downtown for the first time Saturday. Wasn't horrible, but didn't excite me either. Definitely could use some trees. Kansas City has put in a tram downtown. A downtown the size of Hunting's with a team making a loop and people could get on and off for free would definitely bring in visitors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington